®®®

:: UPDATES

:: DETAILS

v67.90 | LV2Go Information file

• mobile driver for 2K.XP
  • :) to j4ever for letting us know about this mobile release
  • released 04-JAN-2005 by EUROCOM for GF Go 6800 and Quadro FX Go1400
  • WHQL certified
  • dated 24-NOV-2004 (so not as new as v67.66)
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • supported GPUs: see INF (link is in the .NFO file)
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09001558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.2% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09011558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.3% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09021558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.4% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09031558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.5% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09041558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.6% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_07001558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.7% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_07011558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.8% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_07021558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.9% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_07031558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.A% = nv4,[tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_07041558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.1% = nv4_WSApps, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_09001558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.2% = nv4_WSApps, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_09011558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.3% = nv4_WSApps, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_09021558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.4% = nv4_WSApps, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_09031558
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.5% = nv4_WSApps, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_09041558
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800  "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800   "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.4 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800	"
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.5 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800	 "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.6 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800[tab][/tab] "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.7 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800[tab][/tab]  "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.8 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800[tab][/tab]   "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.9 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800[tab][/tab]    "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.A = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]"
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400 "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400  "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.3 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400   "
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.4 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400	"
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.5 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400	 "

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 67.9x of the Release 65 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 67.9x

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

LV2Go Information file[/b]

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.90 | modded especially for Laptops, but also has Desktop card support

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.90 | Performance optimized

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v67.90 | Original INF, which now recognizes all Laptop and Desktop cards; nothing else was changed!

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer" | choose from all drivers and get your customized Anti-BlackBar-INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page | enhance your INF by choosing from a variety of settings (incl. Toshiba Blackbar fix) for all Laptops

nVLiTE page | choose the language to keep and rip out the rest; delete SETUP and other unneeded files to make the driver as small as possible

6790.nfo ( 4.63k ) Number of downloads: 32

Also available at Sager now, will compare drivers, but seeing all go6800 are on Clevo MB's the drivers will no doubt be the same (including INF naming)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, back from the dead.

These drivers aren't too shabby. However, when you hibernate it doesn't show the windows xp dialouge and progress bar. My screen just goes blank and then hibernates without showing a thing, then shuts down. It resumes hibernation with the graphic of windows xp just fine.

Anyone have this problem? Or should I say... feature? :)

Edited by Kamika007z

• 2 weeks later...

You've tried the MapOSblabla3 = 3 and 2 stuff ? as this is the usual culprit.

It can even vary with drivers how it works.

Also MapOSblabla4=3 try in combination with above.

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report right back for everyone...

Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes i noticed it on a Toshiba M30 using v67.66. Strange :) A new issue?

Yep, no go, setting it to 2 or 3 didn't help. Must be a driver bug.

Thanks though :)

Just letting you all know that I have fixed the problem. I looked at previous INF's from Dell's driver set for the Quadro4 700's and saw that that the value for MapOSD3ToNV is set to 3 and there is no such entry as MapOSD4ToNV, so just for testing purposes, I went though the registry and removed all the MapOSD4ToNV entries and left all the MapOSD3ToNV's set to 3. Restarted and hibernated and bingo! :)

Thanks guys! :) :P :( :P :(

So for you MapOS3=3 AND MapOS4=3 has conflict.

I get the same but with MapOS3=2 and MapOS4=3.

MapOS4 will have to go.

Updated some INFs to v30.62 with MapOSToNv4 remmed out (not used) also updated the unistall section to remove more settings.

Great, Pieter!

Yes, having both lines gives me an odd occurance with the hibernating interface.

Thanks for the INF updates Pieter! :)

Would be ok if I could request a new INF for the 67.90 driver set as well? (Thank you!)

Question: since what version have those 2 lines of code been in the INF's together? This is the first time I've actually had this conflict.

®®®: I don't know what to call you anymore lol... why did you have to make your name into such a difficult set of characters! :)

John, call me René :) (which is actually also difficult to write with the presence of the "accent aigu" :) ). I used this abbreviation since ages, so why not here. Copy and paste is your friend or alt169 :P :(

The new MAPOSD4 setting was introduced recently i think , somewhere in the 30.50s INF.

Haha, many thanks René, many thanks :)

Interesting about the MAPOSD4 switch... which notebook manufacture's INF did that derive from?

EDIT: Well I just looked into the new INF (THANK YOU PIETER! :) ) and this explained a lot:

;Enable this for Centrino/Dothan based CPU based laptops
;HKR,, MapOSD4ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    3

Strange that the Toshiba Sat. Pro M30, where i noticed the hibernation not working, has the centrino feature :)

Tosh may be using another method to deal with the D4 power state, which conflicts with the nvidia switch.

I like Pieter's approach, having it available for those who need it, but not causing problems for others. Good idea!

:)

Totally agree here :)

Now that we now what is causing the trouble i need to tell my friend about removing the D4 set :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

A dumb question maybe... I want to know if this driver is ONLY for Eurocom/Sager laptops or would it work for my brand new Dell Inspiron 9300 ?

The reason is that now even dell.com has drivers for my 6800 Go.

Not a dumb question at all. Eurocom/Sager is just where we found the driver. It should work fine in all laptops. However, your GPU really should use one of the newer drivers like 71.84.

Good luck with whichever you choose!

Ok thanks, I got really confused by the (excellent!) interface.

Please tell me one quick thing. Are there built in circuits to halt the computer if I tweak my video card so that the heat get's up to melting point?

Is that on every Nvidia card og depends on Manufacturer?

The circuits are built in. The only tweak that will increase heat very much is overclocking. The things we add mostly just enable features that have been disabled for one reason or another (usually to extend battery life and reduce heat).

If it does overheat, the laptop will first try to increase the fan speed, then will slow down, and finally will just halt (hang). I don't recall ever hearing of any actual damage occurring. But again, none of the things we do should increase heat to any noticable extent.

Guest Guest

Hi. Thanks for being so friendly and providing good answers.

My Inspiron 9300 has got the Geforce 6800 GO non-Ultra. Is the difference not just in the clockspeed of the memory? So, I overclock it and it essentially becomes an Ultra?

Or am I wrong?

I'm not really clear on the differences between the Ultra and the Standard. I think one takes DDR2 RAM and the other takes DDR3. If so, it's not just a matter of overclocking, it's the extent to which each can be overclocked and the amount of heat generated. To overclock a DDR2 board to run at DDR3 speeds, you'd be generating a lot of heat that the DDR3 board wouldn't have.

Ok. Thanks.

Just a tiny little question.

I see on Brothers in Arms : Road to Hill 30 it says:

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

* ATI® Radeon® 8500/9000/X series

* NVIDIA® GeForce? 4/FX/6 series (GeForce 4 MX not supported)

*Laptop models of these cards not supported.*

Should I worry about this? They won't be going out of their way just to make sure it won't work on a mobile chipset do they? Isn't there always a way to go around this?

It's probably just a caution about poor performance (as with the Go5200, which performs very poorly with today's games).

I've never seen nVidia mobile chips specifically excluded from anything, so you should be fine.