LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 v66.10 or v67.42

Guest ZNMS

Just a quick question. I just recently upgraded to a brand new Dell Inspiron 5150 and quite happy with my purchase. Anyway, with my previous Dell laptop which ran Windows 2000 with a nVidia GeForce 4 utilizing the nVidia GeForce v66.10 drivers found on this web site, ran quite smoothly without any problems. If you can't tell I don't visit this place regularly and I'm wondering which option I should take when it comes to choosing the correct video driver.

At the moment, should I could stick the original drivers I have, download the nVidia GeForce FX Go 5200 V67.42 drivers, put the nVidia GeForce v66.10 drivers back on or go with someone's recommendation.

As a fellow 5150 owner, I highly recommend using driver 67.66 (available here), with this inf.

67.66 is easily the best driver currently available for the 5150, and the inf enables all the video features Dell had disabled.

It seems that we have near identical machines. Though, upon reading about the custom made INF file for Dell Inspiron 5150 and 5160 owners, one thing did catch my eye. The cautious mention of a feature called SideBand Addressing. What is this exactly?

Sideband addressing allows tranfers of 3D textures over the AGP bus without involving the computer's CPU, freeing the CPU for other tasks. It works fine on the 5150.