LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 8100 - GeForce2 Go � recommendations

Guest olof

Guest davisstraub

Too late.

The fixes I tried above didn't change anything.

I went back to 6194, just runnig setup.exe (twice as it turns out with this version - once before restart and once after) and I'm back in business.

Perhaps when I wish torture myself for a few hours I will try 71.84 again. I will follow the steps above.

1. Delete all *.inf files in 7184 folder and OEM_INFs folder.

2. Copy the enhanced Pieter inf: nv_disp.inf or your modified nvdm.inf into the 7184 folder.

Thanks. I'll also check your instructuons and the DIVX.

For starters, I have never trusted the installer, second, the installer will default to whatever the nv4_disp.inf file is, it will never use mine I don't think, unless you rename it.

You should remove all INFs from the folder but the one you plan to use, and install with the device manager to make sure it gets installed right.

Guest davisstraub

It worked.

I used your nvdm.inf (with the additional HKR line) following your instructions (web page and video) and going through the Update Driver routine.

We'll know in a few days if it sticks.

Thanks again.

Guest davisstraub

I put it in Standby mode.

Next morning it wouldn't come back out of Standby.

I rebooted. The only evidence that 7.1.8.4 was there was in the Device Manager. Control Panel icon didn't work, and no NVIDIA in the Display Properties dialog box.

Rolled back to the previous driver (6.1.9.4) from the Device Manager, rebooted, everything back and working.

How 'bout that?

Thanks again. Great interacting with you guys here.

Have you tried any 67 series drivers?

67.50 and 67.66 are both good to try.

Don't be surprised if you have to test like 10 drivers to find a good one that works for you.