LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Game Runs Too Fast!!

jhammis

I have an Hp Pavilion ZV 5000, 512 mgs of ram, Geforce 4 440 Go, Windows XP SP2, AMD Athalon 3000 +. I play NHL 2005 and the game runs fine online, but when I play against the computer the game runs like 10 seconds in 1. In other words way too fast. I have tried different drivers, different settings on my system, but it wont fix. If anyone else has had this problem, let me know of any ideas. The game has no patches for this particular problem either. Thanks, Jason

What about different settings in the game?

Have you tried turning on V-snych or something?

What about turning the graphics and resolution all the way up?

Turning AA and AF should also slow the game down.

This is a first that a game runs to fast :)

I think the game might be getting the timimg wrong.

Games should run the same speed no matter what speed. (ie @1Ghz or 3Ghz)

But there is something wrong with the game for this to happen.

Is there a NHL 2k5 forum somewhere ?

There isn't much we can do.

Yeah, its strange. I notice the game clock is running way too fast to. What gets me is it plays perfect when I play online against other people. Just when I play against the computer it does this. First for me

The only other time I have ever heard of this happening to anybody was on an emulator, you should go look for the forums for that game, and maybe contact the game makers.

Is their a way to make it think you are online and still play against the computer?

Like running your own dedicated server with computer players, then just logging on to it by yourself?

Edit: The poster right below me is making me feel stupid.... :)

Guest Jason Hammis

Hey, thanks for the tip. Where do I go to do this? I restart and it says press f10 to enter setup. I dont see any options like this. Yes I do have an amd athalon 4 3000 +. Any further assistance where to go would be great, thanks, Jason

Probably PowerManagment, ACPI, APM, Frequencies or the like. Open up all the menues and look for the words above in combination with CoolNQuiet

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I just wanted to let you know its fixed! Here is what I did. This laptop came with Windows xp sp2 installed. I have been reading about sp2 causing different laptop problems. So I took my Windows Xp cd from my Dell desktop and installed a fresh copy on my laptop. Now, EVERYTHING is acting normal and running great! Just wanted to post just in case anyone else is having same problem. I dont know if it was sp2 causing game to run too fast or what, but its fixed and i'm satisfied. Thanks again for input, Jason