LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Multiple monitors shown in Display Properties

Guest hannibal

Guest hannibal

I guess this has been asked before but I used search and "multiple monitors" appeared but none seem relevant.

I have 4 monitors shown in the Display Panel.

Is this normal ? how to delete them ?

Please Lord , do not let this question be already answered in a stickied topic ..

In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your inf, add or modify the following line:

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 255

Some infs have multiple [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] sections for different GPUs, so make sure you use the right one, or else modify all of them.

Hi maybe a cleaning of old devices would help here. Therefore i suggest applying this tweak for the device manager over here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=646 , unistall old driver with Add/Remove Software Control Panel , reboot, and then get rid of old devices (especially GraphicCrads and Monitors). After the cleaning you can try to install the driver again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Thx for the replies. I did both of the suggestions but neither worked. I uninstall the monitors but they just come back every boot. It's not a big deal, just weird. Thx again

If they're reinstalling when you uninstall them, there's probably something in your BIOS that's causing each port to detect a monitor regardless of whether one is actually connected. Try the line I gave you before, but try 0 or 1 as the value.

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 1

One of those may work, but the BIOS might still force the driver to think devices are connected whey they're not. If so, there might not be anything you can do.