LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 440 Go Insufficiant Pixel Shaders

riot

I just installed Star Wars Republic Commando on my laptop and when I start the game I get a pop-up saying that I have insufficiant pixel shaders and that I need at least Pixel Shader 1.1. It also asks if I want to continue, when I click yes it loads to the main menu. I can go thru all the options screens fine but when I start a game it freezes and I have to Alt+F4 back to the desktop. Can this be fixed with a driver upgrade? I am curently running the 67.50's. My desktop has a Geforce 3 Ti200 and plays the game just fine, and as far as I know it doesn't have pixel shading, so I don't understand why my laptop won't play it. Thanks!

Pixelshaders didn't start until NV28 (4200go) with Mobile GPU's.

Remember the GF4 go are basicly the GF4 MX desktop versions, a cut down GF4.

I wonder if the GF3 desktop had PS 1.1 ?

The GeForce 3 (desktop) has Pixel shader 1.1. (I have one)

To Riot, you will basically need to either upgrade the card in your laptop to a Quadro Go GL 700, or play it on a desktop PC with a GF3, GF 4 TI (not MX) or a GF FX or higher.

You can try messing with 3Danalyzer, but you will probably not have much success.

Bill

Thx for the fast replies. Hard to believe that the geforce 3 has pixel shaders and the geforce 4 card doesn't. I'd upgrade to the quadro but they gotta be all sorts of expensive, and before I do that I need another 512 MB of RAM. :)

They are expensive, you might have to actually contact Dell to get a working one, and last I heard you might end up paying over $300, and it still might not work!

Like I was saying, that is what a desktop is for, for $500 you could built one that would run the game just fine.

Or upgrade the card or get a new pimped out laptop. (best option if you have money)

Thx for the fast replies. Hard to believe that the geforce 3 has pixel shaders and the geforce 4 card doesn't. I'd upgrade to the quadro but they gotta be all sorts of expensive, and before I do that I need another 512 MB of RAM. :)

Not so hard. GF4MX is actualy GF2 chip, made with new production process. They renamed them to GF4 for marketing reasons only. Real GF4 cards (eg. GF4 4200 and GF4 4200 Go) have shaders.