LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Standby/Hibernate/Resume problem

mobilenvidia

The Standby/Hibernate/Resume problem, I would like to make an INF that fixes most of the laptops with 1 setting.

ie MapOS3DtoNV =3 works for Gateway Solo's and Dell C810's.

So if you have a problem with the 71.xx + driver using v30.66 of my INFs which default MapOS3DtoNV = 2.

Then you need to open/edit the INF and look for this:

[MapOSD3ToNV_2]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    2

now change this to 3

Uninstall driver via control panel 'add/remove programs' then reboot and reinstall or point windows 'found new hardware' to the newly modded INF/driver.

It is very important to unistall driver first as otherwise the new setting won't take affect.

So reply back here with what setting works for you, either MapOSD3ToNV = 2 or 3.

If either value works for a majority of machine's I'll either leave it as is (2) or change it (3).

MapOSD3ToNV = 3 works for Gateway Solo 9550 with GF2go.

MapOSD3ToNV = 2 Lappy won't resume.

Guest C810_user
MapOSD3ToNV = 3 works for Gateway Solo 9550 with GF2go.

MapOSD3ToNV = 2 Lappy won't resume.

The same result for Dell Latitude C810, Pentium III 1.13 GHz with GF2go,

NVIDIA 76.10, v30.66P

Guest martx

Just want to affirm C810 user's success in getting standby to work after modifying the inf.

Although I still experienced the same issue towards the end of installing the driver: the screen turns into colored bars, making the screen practically unusable. I needed to do a forced shutdown although when I restarted the laptop, the installation was completed.

Does anyone know why the screen turns into incomprehensible colored bars?

--------

Dell C810 Latitude

GE Force 2GO

Guest C810_user

I saw that too. Sometimes new video driver does that when you first install it for some reason. :) After rebooting, everything seems fine.

Edited by ®®®

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SubliminaL-LimE

hibernation is working but standby won't resume with 2 or 3 on geforce2 Dell Inspiron 8200

note: I uninstalled driver but did NOT delete nView profile when prompted, would that have any effect?

• 4 weeks later...
3 didnt work for me on my geforce 420 go

2 worked perfectly

Cool :) it's a real monopoly which works for what machine.

But at least there is a fix for most.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kuroyi

3 worked for my HP Compaq r3000 with GF4 440go 64mb

with 2 video won't come back with resume.

This was with the v71.84 64bit drivers

Edited by ®®®

• 1 month later...
Guest u235

MapOSD3ToNV = 2, system won't resume at all.

MapOSD3ToNV = 3, system resumes but hangs after 5-10 seconds.

I've had this problem since upgrading to 77.72, this was from 67.71 (latest dell drivers). I really like the new drivers, but I cannot suspend/hibernate at all :)

System Specs:

Dell Inspiron 9300

Geforce Go 6800

2GHz Pentium M

1GB RAM

INF v30.71

Let me know if there's any other information that would help. If anyone has tips, please share :)

You might want to try out MAPOSD3toNV (2 or 3) in combination with added MAPOSD4toNV (2 or 3 again, exact values i forgot, search the forum pls.)

• 6 months later...

I have a zd7000 series with the Go5700. I used the 8212 and sleep/hibernate are no longer available. I've tried the standard modded inf and the performance. I've also made the .ini switch from 3 to 2. Anyone know how to get my sleep and hibernate back?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've reinstalled WinXP Pro SP2 with applications and drivers onto a new hard drive on my Toshiba. But I'm getting a standby error. When I shut the lid, the machine goes into standby with no problem, but the touchpad freezes on resume (no display on the pad) and I have to reboot. Also, the second drive in the style bay goes through Autoplay at the same time, although the disk property setting is No Autoplay. I've tried changing the NVIDIA INF setting MapOS3DtoNV both to 2 and 3 with no success..

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Update Synaptics driver to the latest one (see Mobile Drivers section) or 7.13.xx or something if you want to use sn0wl's cPad enhancenment tool CPax.

Style Bay Standby issue might be solved by reading a part in http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6567 and finding:

I figured that with my second HD present in the StyleBay, the TME application somehow blocks Standby function as it don't let HD go into Standby . I have to kill the task and then everything is fine again.

*UPDATE 15-JUL-2005* @ Guternet.de someone posted a hint, what setting in TME is responsible for that behaviour: you need to disable "Support for Warm Docking / Undocking" in the TME ControlPanel in order to get functional Standby again.

Although i understand this problem is not exactly as your is, but updating TME application or even uninstalling TME (what i suggest, as this software is not needed for proper function of StyleBay in 5205-S70x) completely will probably somehow solve it.

®®®

Thanks very much indeed. I've tried unchecking TME from the startup list in msconfig but I still get the same hang when resuming from standby. Perhaps I should just uninstall it. I couldn't find the TME Control Panel at all!

I've had the second drive for a year or so, and haven't had any problem till now.. Wondered if it was a rogue graphics driver from one of the applications I've reinstalled, though they're the same ones that I used before, as far as I know..

I've disabled the Shell Hardware Detection service which has stopped Autoplay on the second hard drive from kicking in on resume from standby, though the touchpad is still disabled. The cursor keys work.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!

If you have installed the Touchpad Enable/Disable Tool, try to enable it again by pressing FN+Fx (where x is 1 to 12, depends on Laptop model, but i think 9 is often used).