LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3D stereo drivers for Geforce4Go 440?

Guest mateus

Guest mateus

Hi, I'm a bit lost (mainly because I've been using 44.68 drivers for ages and now I find there are hundreds more to play with!) :)

Firstly my main question is, are the new drivers (5x to 7x) any better (faster/stable) than the 44.68?

But also, I'm interested in trying Nvidia's addon stereo drivers. The only ones I can find are for version's 56.64, 56.72, 61.76, 61.77 and 71.84. So I guess I'm asking, which of these would be the best option?

Many thanks,

--

Inspiron 8200 | 1.6Ghz | 512 mb | Geforce4Go 400 64mb - 44.68 | XP Pro sp2

Welcome Matues,

The newer driver are not faster for your setup, they will how ever allow you to play more games that require DX9 support.

Also more functionality in the control panel.

Stereo, go straight for 71.84, seems to be a stable driver and has support for DX9 etc

I would tell you how good the stereo drivers work on mine, but I don't have any 3D glasses yet, but I will get some.

First you install the driver with Pieter's INF THEN you install the stereo drivers, which install on top of it.

I suggest you read the users guide for them too, which can be found on nvidia's site.

They seem to work just fine and dandy for me, but I don't have any glasses to test it with.

The only real problem I have with these is my TV output is almost always too big.

I suggest you use this INF with the driver.

mod_dell_INF_for_7184.zip

It has Dell specific settings, and partially fixes my TV out problem, and this other problem I have been having with Pieter's although when I have time I will figure out what to add to Pieter's INF to fix the second problem.