LaptopVideo2Go Forums

my Go5200 Geforce

Guest Littlekid

Guest Littlekid

i'm trying to find a better driver for it. don't knoe y all tha driver i try it still lag bad when

im on final fantasy 11. anyone got a better driver r knoe what wrong can u post it please thank you =)

If you're trying to improve performance, try driver 67.66 with my custom inf for the 5150/5160, which you can find at the bottom of the first post here. (For this driver version, Use nv4_disp.inf, not nv4_75_disp.inf.)

This will give you all the performance available, but don't expect miracles. The Go5200 is a very slow gaming card.

Unfortunately, it's all you will get from the Go5200 without overclocking. I don't recommend overclocking, but if you want to try, it looks like a core speed of 225 and a memory speed of 450 is pretty stable. If you get graphic corruption or if your machine hangs, drop back to 220 and 440 and you should be fine.

To enable the overclocking page, change the Coolbits line in my inf from 1 to 3, and reinstall.

Again, don't get your hopes up too much. Many of us wish the Go5200 was a better gaming chip.

Have you checked for heat problems? It's possible your cooling fins are covered with dust and aren't cooling as well as they used to. The 5200 may be slowing down to prevent overheating.

If that's the problem, you can use a blast from a can of compressed air to clean them out.

Guest Littlekid

Hmm I search through my whole setting and havent found anything that is "Always On" under power... can you show me how to get there?

And about the overheating, I'm gonna go buy the dust blower tonight..

It's in the Windows Control Panel, under Power Options. Choose either the "Always On" power scheme, or Home/Office Desk. Both will keep your CPU running at full speed (unless they throttle down due to heat).

Guest Littlekid

OMFG all that time i thought my videocard was 64mb but it was 32mb.... can i still use the same driver? But after I cleaned my laptop dust and used the driver you posted me..... it helped alot.

Yes, you can still use the same driver.