LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Monitor problem with Toshiba Satellite 2805-s402

Guest usdnundr

Guest usdnundr

I just installed the 56.64 detonator driver and 20.32 modified .inf file and everything seems to work.... EXCEPT... I am having trouble recognizing the monitor on my Toshiba 2805-s402 laptop. The "default monitor" it gives me causes my desktop to "run off" the edges of my page. I can't seem my start button or clock or anything on the right side of the desktop. I tried several changes in the nview panel with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try setting the nview tab (in Control Panel) to Dualview.

This will allow you to have a different resolution for both the LCD panel and the monitor.

I think you have yours set to 'clone' which will copy a resolution to both screens and it's too big to fit one.

I hope this helps.

Pieter

Guest usdnundr

I actually have it in single monitor mode. I tried the dual view and clone modes and nothing happened. With my old driver, the monitor listed under the device manager was "Toshiba 1024x768 display". After installing the latest driver, that monitor is now gone and replaced by 3 devices... "Plug and Play Monitor", "Default Monitor" and "Generic Television". For some reason, it thinks that the monitor I have connected is much bigger than the standard 1024x768 laptop display.

Plug'nPlay monitor is the LCD Display.

Default Monitor is the external monitor.

Default TV is obvious.

You shouldn't have to play around with these.

So is your display to big (ie over 1024x768) just change it down to 1024x768.

It looks like the old driver hasn't unistalled properly, and the Pan-scan feature is still enabled.

Pieter.

Guest usdnundr

The only display I have is the Toshiba internal display. I have no external monitor or TV connected. In the nview panel, it says the plug and play monitor has a max resolution of 1280x1024. No matter what resoulution I set, 800x600, 1024x768, etc, everything is too big for the screen. I can't seem to get anything to scale to the actual 1024x768 toshiba screen..

Uninstall driver, using 'Control Panel' method.

Reboot.

Reinstall driver, when it asks for the new monitor found after installing the Video driver, let it install automaticly (don't point it anywhere)

Now it will install the LCD panel as Plug and play monitor (as it should)

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Also try right clicking on Display 1 in the nview display properties, then device properties.

Here you can adjust the way the LCD gets scaled.

Pieter.

Guest usdnundr

Completely cleaned everything. Got rid of all old Nvidia drivers and reinstalled 56.65 with modded inf. Same results. It automatically installed the PnP display without giving me a chance to make changes and everything is still off the screen. All programs seem to run fin and everything looks good, just missing half the screen.

Guest usdnundr

I have tried every driver from 53.03 up with the corresponding modded inf. I get the same result in every case. The bottom line is, the nview control panel tells me that my display's max resoulution is 1280x1024 when in fact the max resolution is 1024x768. No matter what I do in the settings or what game I play, I can only see a portion of the screen. The desktop "wraps off the top and bottom of the screen, no matter how I scale it.

I have tried every driver from 53.03 up

no joke, but have you tried v52.16 with one of the Old INFs from Pieter, which is solver for most BlackBar Toshibas:

old infs: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=713

driver: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=541

Guest usdnundr

Tried 52.16 with no success. Very unstable after boot up and went to black screen. Is there any way in the bios to set the display size. Fos some reason, it will not recognize my display size.

Now we could need some more information. Pls. provide DXDIAG infos as mentioned by Teraphy in some other thread.