LaptopVideo2Go Forums

sn0wl

®®®

maybe I should have bigger upload limit to update drivers page with modified drivers and keep files local to prevent possible 404 errors.

Also I would like you to update your Driver/cPad package with Synaptics 7.5.7 drivers. I want to link it in touchpad drivers section. If it's trouble I can also do it for you, just tell me if anything is needed to be changed in installer batch.

I need to have a look again at the 7.13.7 driver and the installer, as the installer.bat uses silent setup switches and reads out the output of a setup.log file if the installation was succesfull or not. Don#t know how 7.5.7 setup.exe behaves, but probably there#s not much to change in the installer.bat.

Where can i find the 7.5.7 exe (i#m at work now and can download)??

Concerning the upload limit: we always try to minimize the upload size whenever possible. If the file get's too big (>1MB), we just hotlink the file/downloadpage. Of course there are exceptions..., but you get the idea. Whenever it#s possible to leave away the big InstallShield installer, just pack the INFs and corresponding files and upload as tiny package (like in the Network driver section). There are exceptions, too, for example if an uninstaller is really necessary, like for the AGERE WLAN Client or Yamaha drivers etc. Most drivers don#t need an InstallShield uninstaller (see INTEL network driver, just update with any new version)

Here is 7.5.7 http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7104

You know Synaptics drivers NEED uninstaller so I guess we have to use the whole pack and 7zipp. I uploaded 7.10.8 and 7.5.7 because they include fix for scrolling problem with modified ini but if it's too much trouble I can only upload inf and give instructions on fixing it.

Thnaks i downloaded it.

One more thought: if the original drivers are available on FTP/http sites of big OEMs like compaq/hp etc just hotlink them and attached a modified INF. If the driver is hosted on a site which will be down soon, has a bad connection (like Realtek) or generally weird sites, or spammed with Popups or the like then download and integrate your modified INF and attach the whole package 7zpped in the thread.

just hotlink them and attached a modified INF.
or SynTp.ini

If MultiLanguage drivers are available and we don't want to alienate people, we need to link the MultiLanguage version of the driver in general, that's what we also do with NV drivers, so for Synaptics v7.5.7 i suggest linking to 7.5.7NewUIAllXP2k.zip and just attach the modified INI :)

Also to avoid Synaptics-driver-version-posts-cluttering (now it's ok, but think of the future) and any linking mess (for example in my Toshiba 5200 thread: difficult now for me to update as there are soo many links everywhere), it would be great somehow if there's only one main Synaptics driver version post.

In there are listed all the version with information what's goin on with this version and for what to use this version. Especially for the old versions of Synaptics driver it would be an idea to post them as reply to my original thread, though i'm not really sure about that. Just an idea.

The first post in this thread can be updated from you with information about the latest driver available and the replies in that thread can act as archive information for older driver version.

Any deeper information about issues and the like could be linked to external threads in the Touchpad section.

Also i will not update the "v7.3.0.4 with cPad application" archive anymore i just figured. Probably i will upload latest known cPad application to the server and then link it somehwere in a thread here. To much trouble for me updating.

I just had the feeling i wanted to write more, but i forgot what :) Too much Synaptics in my head for now........

Okay ®®®, updated the topics as you said. Let me know when you have cPad application uploaded.

Btw why are we making private conversation in public? :)