LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce go FX5700

Guest Lucas

Guest Lucas

Hi,

I have recently bought a acer aspire 1520. Im always moving around so i needed a laptop, but i still really like to play games. I was fustrated at not finding new drivers to improve the performance of my Geforce FX Go5700, at least until i found this wesite. Ive tried out a few drivers, always a little unsure if im installing them properly, but im still not sure what are the best suited for my system. Currently im playing, rome total war, world of warcraft and halflife 2. Could anyone recomend some steps to get the most out of my system, most of all which driver release is most suiteble for my system:

Acer Aspire 1520

3,4ghz athlon proccesor,

512 mb ram,

Geforce fx Go5700 64mb

If anyone out ther can help me out, im a little clueless on this subject.

Thanks.

The 71.89 drivers with Pieter's latest regular mod INF are probably the best place to start right now.

Other people that have the same card as you will hopefully respond to this as well.

That new driver should have good graphics with HL2 (some have messed up graphics), and should be pretty decent all around.

While I don't know much about those other games, you do need recent drivers for HL2.

To install drivers I recomend the device manager install method instead of the installer.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm

Scroll down to the installing a new driver part, there is also a video made by me there.

Remember to uninstall your current driver if you are downgrading your drivers, if you are going from an older driver to a newer one though, you should not need to uninstall first.

Hope this info is usefull.

Bill