LaptopVideo2Go Forums

1400x1050 fail in dual-view, work in clone-view

Guest Ludvig A. Norin

Guest Ludvig A. Norin

I am using a Toshiba M200 TabletPC with GeForce FX Go5200 64mb (and dock). I have tried a variety of driver versions, with no luck. I can only make it work in clone mode... it's a catch-22 situation really.

This is the deal:

Using "CLONE VIEW", the external CRT and builtin LCD both display 1400x1050 correctly. The monitor does it in 85Hz, which is excellent. I know for a fact that the monitor is really displaying this resolution and not some kind of emulation - it says in the builtin OSD (it's a DELL P1130).

Using "DUAL VIEW" or any other mode, the drivers won't accept the 1400x1050 resolution in any way I've tried. I have messed with the monitor INF file, with no luck. I have used other tools to manipulate the driver, with no luck.

So, it works in clone but not in dual. And I need dual, because when I use clone mode, I can't use the TabletPC dock in the intended way - the screen will be upside down on either the crt or lcd (I guess it feeds both using the same pipeline). I really would like clone mode, but with orientation being different on the CRT and LCD. This can be achieved using dual-mode and software-mirroring tools - given that the resolutions are the same. So, there's the catch-22.

Any insight on this would be really, really nice!

..ludvig a. norin..