LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Direct X

Guest roger beck

Guest roger beck

Installing nVidia generic/catchall driver for 8200 with 2KSP4 but it wont go without Direct X 8. I know Direct X is contained in some other windows componenets but cant remember wgich ones. What programs automatically contain Direct X? How did I install it without dowloading from the web? How come the SP4 didnt have Direct X?

Roger

Many games come with DirectX on the CD and ask you if you want to install if during the game installation process. Not sure if the service packs come with DirectX though.

Guest roger beck

Last time I did this Direct X was included in a program, just cant remember which one. So far it is not in

Photoshop

Netscape

Office 2000

Breexebrowser

Flash Renamer

Cute FTP

IE

Outlook

C1

T+

RecordNow DX

Windows Media Player

I know most are not possibilities.

Roger

Office and internet applications don't require the capabilites of DirectX like pixel and vertex shaders. Pop in game CD and I confident you will find DirectX on it. Why not just download it? You can probably find it on Microsoft's website.

There is a direct link to DX9.0b on the website on the download page.

It's about 32MB so even on dial up no longer than 2.5 hours.

Pieter.