LaptopVideo2Go Forums

kotor2

Guest skorch

Guest skorch

ok so i want to play KOTOR2 on my dell latitude C840

it has a geforce4 440 go 64mb card, im using driver version 7.1.8.0 i believe from this site (im not to sure its been a while since iv messed with my drivers)

but i have a problem, when i load the game i get a memory write error, i have enuff ram and the card is ok for the game (the sys diag included says its ok but below the recomended specs), can someone recomend better drivers for me or is my card completely useless for this game?

A 64MB Geforce 4 go card should work fine, as for YOUR card, it you have a hardware problem then it will not work.

Have you tried different graphics options for the card and the game?

Do other games/demos that you have tried that are DX 7 work on your laptop?

Demos of most games (even new ones) should run just fine on it. (UT2004 Demo, Farcry Demo, 3Dmark01SE, even Doom3 and HL2 if they have Demos, ect)

Your card meets the minumen requirements, and I assume the rest of your PC does too.

Try another driver, like 71.89 with Pieter's regular mod INF.

Also, are you sure your ram is not bad?

There are programs out there that can test your system's memory, if that is what is causing the problem that should hopefully not be too hard to replace once your figure out which kind to buy. (replacing ram on my laptop is or should be easy, haven't tried it yet)

This RAM should work with your pc assuming I picked out the correct one.

http://www.crucial.com/store/______Dell Latitude C840 Series

If your graphics card's RAM is malfunfunctioning, you should call Dell and have them replace your card unless you really want to replace it yourself or solder more ram on your card, which is possible if you know any crazy engineers that are good with soldering irons......

• 3 weeks later...