LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 2 Demo Drivers

Guest Dyuta

Guest Dyuta

I'm not sure who to talk to about this, but the Battlefield 2 Demo has a set of (supposedly) optimized drivers: 77.30. Any chance of a modded .inf for this? I tried installing it vanilla, but it wouldn't let me. To my knowledge, the only way to get the new drivers is by downloading the Battlefield 2 Demo (which will take forever due to the insane demand). I've got the drivers, if someone could just point me where I should send it to and how.

Edit: The drivers have been uploaded now.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7305

Direct link here:

http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/75series/7730.exe

To everybody that wanted to send the driver in, thanks for helping or trying to help.

If anybody has gotten these drivers to run on their laptop or desktop, this is the place to tell how well they run this game in particular.

Edited by Bill

Guest Dyuta

I tried 77.30 and the performance drop was horrendous... in areas where I'd get 40-60 FPS, I would be getting 20-30. I went back to 71.89, but if anyone finds a set of drivers that works even better for BF2, I'm all ears.

Guest Anders

Had to use this driver to get BF2 working on my Precision M60.

That a waste ! You really need a high end gaming rig to enjoy this game...

CS:S seems smoother though, so I'm sticking with it even tough i wont play BF2.

I think EA has made the mistake to aim for too high end machines in BF2.

- Anders

Guest Dyuta

Really? 71.89 didn't work for you at all? What are your complete system specs, out of curiosity? Honestly, I get FPS from 30s-50s normally... and that goes up even higher when I'm flying in clear skies or there's a lull in the action. I wouldn't give up too soon.

I certainly wouldn't consider my rig 'high end' by any stretch of the imagination. As for CS:S, while I can run it at higher settings, I personally don't think it's much smoother... I guess that's the trade off. CS:S has sharper graphics on a smaller scale, BF2 requires graphical compromise to afford large-scale gampelay.

Right now, I'm running BF2 at 10x7 with everything on Low except Texture Detail (set to Medium) and draw distance set to 75%.