LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lighting Bugs w/ NVIDIA Go 6800 on Inspiron 9300

Guest mefloquine.dream

Guest mefloquine.dream

Forgive me if this has been posted and/or answered already; if it has, however, my meager searching skills were insufficient to locate it.

On certain applications (Far Cry, Battlefield 2), I notice odd lighting issues: large square "blocks" of darkness on the landscape / terrain, for example. Now, according to what I've read about my GPU / laptop, I should have no trouble whatsoever running these games; and yet I do.

Any thoughts? Driver issue? I think I have the latest drivers, but I may be incorrect (likely I am, in fact).

THanks!

Edited by ®®®

Guest RDJONESKU

I am having the same problems. Dell has their own supported video drivers, and I really want more up-to-date support. The last driver that they issued was in April 2005! I believe that my driver for the video card is the problem. Where can I get more recent drivers for this video card? Can I download a tweaked ForceWare driver?

Dell XPS Gen2

2.13GHz Pentium M

2GB Memory

100GB Hard Drive

256MB 6800 GO Ultra

Cheers!

Both of you need newer drivers. Download either 77.50 or 77.62 and the corresponding mobile inf from this site. You should be able to install just fine.

Guest RDJONESKU

When ever I attempt to install a driver from nvidia's website, I receive the following error.

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I know for a fact that I have an nVidia video card in my laptop. (go6800 Ultra)

I really want to install v77.50 on my system or at least something that isn't 4 months old.

Cheers!

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.
and
corresponding mobile inf

Pieter's mobile INF is specially created for each driver release, this means that every driver we host has a mobile INF precisely tailored to that driver.

Example:

Driver: http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/75series/7650.exe

mobile INF: http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/75series/7650inf/nv4_disp.inf

Driver thread where you find all the links: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7069

Forum section, where you'll find 70s/75s NV driver releases: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/3-support-discussion-english/5

Guest Shmuelios

hey there I have the same gfx problems on a Geforce Go 6800 - PCI Express x16 256MB

which is this laptop

Ultima Pro

the thing i'm worrying about is will this kill my TV integrated overlay/laptop :S

thanks in advance.

offtopic: Shmuelios could you run the NERD tool in the VideoBIOS section and attach the logfile somewhere. I'm interested in the manufacturer of the LCD.

Guest Guest

Guys I'm having the same problem that has been addressed in detail in previous threads. I have a NVIDIA Go 6800. I've downloaded the 2 files listed above. I'm still getting a Error saying that "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Any suggestions?

Don't use the installer to install the drivers, use the device manager to do it.

Instructions

same problem, same comp, same game as original post. how do I use the mobile inf? i assume i replace a file somwhere with that code.

heh i was running omega drivers and they ran bf2, but no shadows and mesed up laptop. went back to crap dell drivers and now bf2 crashes as soon as it goes black screen to start. need new drivers! heh

figured the inf, installed the drivers successfully. unfortunantly, I still cant start bf2. game starts, black screen, then back to desktop. no joy. in addition, i cant set my 17 iinch lcd screen as primary monitor and turn the laptop monitor off with these drivers:( help!

LOL last time i post in a row:-p

got the lcd to be primary monitor by using Nvidia Display and doing it the ghetto way. have a crap refresh fo 60hz but with those drivers theres no help for it. still have bf2 crash problem. HELP! :)

The drivers linked above are 76 series drivers.

BF2 needs drivers that are version 77.30 or higher, please refer to the pinned topic in this gaming section, you can't miss it.

(linkage)

Please ask questions about BF2 and drivers there, although most stuff should already be answered for you.

Guest Guest

saw that, im now running your 7.7.6.2 drivers. no dice still. black screen then crash to desk. as a note, the full day i played bf2 before this problem developed i played with the stock version 6 drivers. just had to have dynamic shadows turned off. :)

help?

I assume you now have a Battlefield 2 game folder with new settings?

It appears there is a file in there that has settings for graphics and stuff in the game, and sometimes, with other games, I have had to delete game files when doing major upgrades, like newer DirectX versions and upping the GF driver by like 30 or something.

That folder you deleted probably had settings for when you were on older drivers, so when you deleted it, the game went back and recreated the settings correctly for your newer drivers.

This might even be different than uninstalling and re-installing the game, as it might not delete those files when you uninstall.

If I had the game I would figure out what file is in there that is responsible and post it in the BF2 pinned topic, could you have a look in the folder for any files that might have GF card/directx/driver settings?

Anyway it is nice that you finaly registered, now we always know when its you posting (if you remember to login :) ) and you can now edit your own posts, so use that feature lol. I was thinking about merging your triple posts here, which can get old really quickly if you keep triple posting lol.

Mods don't/aren't supposed to like it when people triple post, although most people here don't seem to care, haven't really seen to many people get yelled at for it, I will just leave your posts as is unless I get yelled it.... :P

I don't know if this is just because the forum software might not be the latest version, but there is no easy way for me to combine your triple posts, there is no combine posts button, like there should be, but to combine them I have to do some copying and pasting and then delete the extras, lol.

:)

Bill

I totally know how that is. wasnt registered. so couldnt edit. I mod on the chiken forums (www.chikens.net), been there done that buddy:) sorry bout the trips. but yea, when the game installs it creates a battlefield 2 folder in my documents. unintstalling and reinstalling the game left that folder there. deleting it caused it to create a new one, which worked. on a side note, your graphics drivers work great. woot for dynamic shadows!~

Some time ago, I had to delete the UnrealTournament.ini file when I upgraded drivers/DirectX, BIOS, whatever, cause I was getting severe graphics corruption in just that game. (which is now pretty old)

When I deleted the file, the game's graphics were just fine again.

UT2004 works the same way, but with the UT2004.ini file. (Don't think I have had to delete it yet, but it will fix stuff if it gets messed up)

Anyway, other games may very well have similar things, so remember this next time, I should maybe put this up in a sticky topic....

... haven't really seen to many people get yelled at for it...

... but there is no easy way for me to combine your triple posts...

When there's time i normally do it (combining them) the quick way: copy and paste the written Guest post (where guest forgets to login) to the post where Guest uses a name. After that delete the old guest post and add the "edited by..." checkchbox. That's it. It doesn't happen *this* often <knock on wood>