LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Question Geforce Go 6800 Ultra and Half Life 2

Guest Vin

Hi I am running the new Geforce Go 6800 Ultra with 2 gigs of ram. When i run half life 2 it keeps freezing on me. It froze with the stock driver i had when i first got the laptop and still freezes with the new updated drivers i installed to run Battlefield 2 with the hacked .inf file. Anyone know if there is a better driver to use to run half life 2 with for my set up but wont mess up my battlefield 2 settings i just got working :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RickyRockFish

Hey there!

I had problems with HL2 locking up... in my case and most folks I talk to who have lockup problems with the game... I did not buy the game... came across it somehow...

If you can't run the official steam updates [ i.e. you did not pay for it ] there are patches for the shady copies. Then there are patches for the patches hehe that break other things I found. I fixed the lockups but broke AI, then I fixed AI with a diffferent patch that broke something else lol.

Eventually I gave up and will either buy the game [ against my religion LoL ] or not play it. I was very impressed with how my Go 6800 did on my inspiron 9300.

• 1 month later...

I had lockups on my XPS GEN2 untill I uninstalled all the crap they send with it like McCrappy Insecurity Center for diseased minds... any ways, after that and installed all the altest dell drivers and the hacked 77. drivers for the ultra I get amazing frame rates at 1680X1050 4XAA all other settings high.