LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Matrix Effect

Guest Erdrickk

Guest Erdrickk

I dont remeber what drivers I had..I think they were the 53.xx

My problem is...On the games UT2004 and Asherons Call 2. I would be playing and out of nowhere it slows Right down, its smooth but REALLY slow..similar to a "Matrix" Effect.

I changed up drivers to 56.72 I believe and that never happened again.

I downloaded the beta for Linage 2. I run the game and AHHH I get the Slow down "Matrix" Effect Again!! and it happens like every 2 min and lasts for 15 seconds or so.

Now..is that due to my Laptop Heating up..or is that a driver issue? Anyone else ever had this happen?

Inspiron 5150 P4 Mobile 3.06 GHZ

512MB 333 MHZ DDR Ram

40 GIG HD

Nvidia Geforce FX Go5200

I would say that it's thermally related, as others have this as well in other games.

P4-M will be getting hot and slowing down to about 1.2Ghz (I think).

The onely thing you can really do is make sure the laptop vents, on the bottom especally are not covered, even a desk will impede air flow.

My laptop on my lap works the coolest, on anything else after about an hour the fans are on nearly all the time.

Maybe invest in a laptop cooler pad, I don't know much about them but others say they work.

Pieter.