LaptopVideo2Go Forums

default MEM/Core freq for go5700

Guest TailSpin

Guest TailSpin

Hello, i had a question as to what the default memory and core clock frequency's were for a FX Go5700. The reason i am wondering is i read somewhere that Alienware placed these cards in a "safe" mode to help with a overheating issue. My settings right now are for 3D Core= 300mhz, and MEM=200mhz. So i was wondering did i buy my laptop AFTER they started doing this, or not. If so i want to overclock mine to the normal settings, if possible. Thanks for your help!

Guest TailSpin

Thanks!...its shows it should be 450/325, so by this can i assume they do have it in safe mode? I have a laptop cooler, so i went ahead and bumped it to normal settings via nV control panel...let's see if it wont melt :) ...also is there a way to undo this via the bios?

You mean undo the safe mode thing?

Only way I know for sure how to do it is by modifying and reflashing your BIOS, which you probably don't want to do, maybe there is some option you can change though?

I don't know if anyone here knows what it is, you should search for it.

it should be 450/325
that *should* be the default speed i extratced from various posts of Go5700 members in our forum. What we found out that is that various manufacturers may have other tweaked (lower or higher) default MEM and CORE speeds for one and the same GPU implemented. Mostly by adjusting VideoBIOS which also in some cases is included in the Laptops SystemBIOS.

tailspin, could you run the NERD tool posted in the VideoBIOS section (topic 756) and attach the logfile?

Default 580/350 in my Acer 1714 go5700/128

Edited by ®®®