LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with BF2

Guest Devilsaholic

Guest Devilsaholic

BF2 has stopped loading for me all of the sudden. When I try to load it, it goes to a black screen and then it takes me back to my desktop. It was working fine a few days ago, not sure what's wrong. I'm using 77.62 and Go6600. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried uninstalling, and then re-installing those drivers?

It might do the job, could you run this tool for us and post the log file.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756

BTW, could you also post here how that game runs on your shiny Go6600.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7354

I wish I knew more about that game, cause then I could help you more, (maybe) I do know that if the problem was with, say, UT2004, I would tell you to back up first, then delete your UT2004.ini file............................

Anyway, if you do decide to re-install your game/demo whatever it is, you should back up your game saves.

Edited by Bill

Something is wrong with your driver installation. Logfiles reports 77.50 driver is installed, so i would think the driver update process from 77.50 to 76.62 failed. Also there a are 4 TEMP files which causing trouble on your XP installation (failed driver installation or spyware/malware?). All your WMI information could not be read out (CPU, LCD, GPU details).

I wonder what causes that? There must have been a lot of error messages during the NERD tool run ...

Guest Devilsaholic

I had a feeling there were errors, but nothing showed in the error log. I reinstalled the stock 71.70 drivers and the game worked again. I'll try to reinstall the newer drivers.

:) Actually the reason for the missing WMI information could be that you're running XP Home. So concerning that there's no reason to worry. Though i recommend investigating that other glitch (77.50<->76.62)

Guest Guest

same problem. bf2 ran fine all day today, then all the sudden when I start it it goes black screen then back to desktop. im running a dell inspiron 9300 with 256meg g800 Go video card, 1gb 533mhz ram, ect ect. using 7650 drivers from this site; dell has no drivers but stock drivers.

• 2 weeks later...