LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WoW/Toshiba 1955-s801 GF4 440Go pixelshader probs

Guest shiv

Guest shiv

Problem: while playing World of Warcraft the sky and areas that usually contain transparency versions of black - and sometimes just in wierd walls and such, I get flashing vectors and triangles appearing and disappearing all over the screen at a very fast rate. Sometimes the whole screen will be occupied by these triangles and i can't see anything and sometimes i can get to a angle where everything will look semi-ok.

Attempted Soln's: i've downloaded a few different types of drivers and have ended up back w/ the standard toshiba drv's. This isn't my laptop, it's my gf's but i imagine i'll be the one to try and communicate w/ you guys. I've listed the information in my reg. info and also - it's noteworthy to say that the NERD program had some problems and failed to work properly and didn't yield all the necessary information - ie internal lcd resolution.

i know from the model # on back Toshiba Satellite 1955 s801 and it has a GeForce4 440 GO card w/ 32mb of ram. At this point i would just like to follow some suggestions that you all have and just start the troubleshooting process from anew.

hopefull this is easily understandable - it's a strange problem but surely there is a fix for this!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Hey one of the few guys (in your case girl) who owns the 1955 :)

Is there a chance to post the logfile NERD spits out even if it's incomplete. It sounds as if the driver is not properly installed (because of "had some problems and failed to work properly and didn't yield all the necessary information - ie internal lcd resolution."). It could also be a problem with WMI (haven't found a solution how to repair it yet).

I will move the post to the games section, as it's probably a game specific problem. Maybe other WoW players can recommend a better suitable driver.

There is not much we can do in such cases (ie edit a setting in the INF :) ).

Guest shiv

Hey - thanks for the reply!

good news today - i was searching around and trying different drivers and ended up getting the 5663 set - which works wonderfully :)

great site - keep up the good work

ciao!

-r