LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Splinter Cell 2 on GeForce2 Go

Guest shijey7

Guest shijey7

Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum. I managed to get some improvements on my laptop's graphic performance.

I tried to run SC2 on my GeForce2 Go 16MB. I can get into the menu option. However, when I tried to start the game, it crashed. I tried to use 3DAnalyze and as it starts to load the game, the popup error message says:

The exception Breakpoint

A breakpoint has been reached.

(0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x0183fbe2

I used Detonator 56.63 to tweak the driver. But I'm not really sure how to apply it on my laptop. On Display Properties, there is a selection for "Splinter Cell" (I think it refers to SC1) under Application Profiles. So what I should do with those settings?

Anyone could give me a solution? I'm dying trying to play this game on my laptop :) .

Thanks

nb: Sorry for language mistakes if any :)

Splinter Cell 2? You mean Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow? Anyway, I don't know what the error means but SC minimum reqirements are a 32Mb video card. Even if you did manage to get the game to run, I doubt you'll be able to get playable frame rates since Splinter Cell is very hardware intensive.

To use the app profiles, select a game from the drop-down list and modify any of the settings you want and click apply. Now when you start the game, your settings should take affect automatically. The only thing you can modify in any of the profiles to improve performance is to set Image Settings to Performance. Changing any of the other settings from the defualt will decrease performance (but improve image quality).

Guest shijey7

That's too bad. I was pretty sure that I can play the SC Pandora Box on my laptop :) . Because I read on this forum, someone succeed to play Halo on his 8MB graphic card.

Well, thx for the reply.

I think I read on the box that it wont work with GeForce 2 and GeForce 4 GO graphics cards. It said you need a DX 8.1 card to play it. But you do need more video RAM to even think aboout getting it to work.

copied off of oficial website

Not Supported:

GeForce 4MX and GeForce 4Go

Edit: It also says the min req are 64 MB of video RAM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest zero
I think I read on the box that it wont work with GeForce 2 and GeForce 4 GO graphics cards. It said you need a DX 8.1 card to play it. But you do need more video RAM to even think aboout getting it to work.

copied off of oficial website

Not Supported:

GeForce 4MX and GeForce 4Go

Edit: It also says the min req are 64 MB of video RAM

What??? My GF4 4200go won't work with splinter cell? I figured I'd give it a try since it is only DX 8.1 and not 9. I figured I'd try it since I can't get far cry to run right yet. It renders fine and plays smooth. I just have other issues with the driver which keep me from playing cause I jsut keep going back to teh dell driver which isn't supported.

zero, your GeForce4 4200Go should be able to run Splinter Cell since like you said it is Direct-X 8.1 capable. The official website is most likely refering to the GeForce4 MX Go series video cards which do not support DX 8.1.

• 2 weeks later...