LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BF2 und Geforce 6600Go

Guest Anthrax

Guest Anthrax

:)

hi!

i `ve got a serious problem with BF2.

Everytime i start the game, it returns to destop after a few seconds!

anyone an idea what could i do.

if `ve phoned with the EA Hotline, but they only said, that BF2 doesn`t support Nvidia Go cards.

Please help me

:)

I haven#t played, seen or own this game, but try setting your LCD resolution to something that is supported by BF natively (for example 1024x768 or 800x600) BEFORE you start the game. Or otherway around: there might be a BF2 Settings application, where you can set any drtails for the game. Use this and set it to 1024x768.

®®®'s suggestion is good, while i wish I still had the game installed to see the files, you probably have to edit a file directly in notepad to change the res settings.

You also need to try all drivers from 77.30 and up.

You should also check out this topic too.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7354

I will reinstall the game on my desktop to investigate the files, even though I don't have a single computer than can run the game. :)

Guest Anthrax

I `ve tried allmost the drivers up to 77.62, nothing changed!

the game goes to destop back!

Please help me bill!

i don`t understand, why u can run the Game and I`m not!!!

thx :) :)

Edit By Bill: I can't run the game on my hardware without using some sort of GeForce 4 hack, which I have never tried. (all you gf4 users google the GF4 BF2 hack)

Edited by Bill

offtopic it's new for me that GEricom also uses Go6600, so i'm interested in the details of this laptop (LCD and stuff). Could you run the NERD tool for that reason and attach the logfile. It can be found [HERE]

thanks, i added your LGP0000 screen (you can select it in the Member Profile)

Isn't there some kind of error.logfile or crashlog.txt or something like that in the BF directory after the crash of the game?

You can use Notepad to open it.

A movie.bik is mentioned near the end of the file.

Does it show any intro movie or does it crash while trying to show it?

.bik is BINK movie, if i remember correct? Maybe something is wrong with your codecs :) but i could also be completely wrong (does bik require any codec??).

Anyways i think it's not NV driver related.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. After searching a while I found the solution. The problem was the refresh rate being set at 85Hz (because I copied my BF2 profiles from myu desktop PC.

Solution:

-Go to "My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles"

-First go to the "Default" folder.

-Open the "video.con" file with a texteditor (like TextEdit or notepad)

-Change this value: "VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@60Hz"

-Do the same with all other profiles ("0001,0002,...)

-Go to the folder you installed BF2 in:

[bF2 folder]\Profiles\Local\Default

-There, open the "video.con" file.

-Change this value: "game.setGameDisplayMode 800 600 32 0"

Run BF2 again,

Let's hope this works for you!

Doesn't work for me. Be sure to delete Battlefield 2 folder in your My Documents everytime you install different drivers. I found out that old drivers work and the new ones cause the error. I'm trying to figure out what's different but I spent a week on it already without any result.

Oooohkay, I just wanted to clear up my findings here:

Battlefield 2 worked fine with my Toshiba M40-SF3 GeForce 6600 GO with the DHZeroPoint drivers based of 76.xx. When I try any of the 77, 78 or 80s family from this site or the 78.xx driver from DHZeroPoint it doesn't work, if fullscreen is set to 1 then it just crashes after black screen, if it's set to 0 in the shortcut then I get the weird error. I researched on the error and it means that the game can not start on the LOW resolution that is 800x600. This makes me think that our widescreen is at fault here and conflicts with something that has changed in the recent drivers. I'm trying all the different settings in the newer drivers to make them work like the old ones did.

Things I have tried:

Switching anything battlefield related in configs from 800x600 to 1280x800 and 59Hz

Running the game in 800x600 desktop resolution

Formatting, reinstalling the game (back when I didn't know the drivers were at fault)

Things that made notable effect:

Deleting your Battlefield 2 folder from My Documents resets all your config values. If you install an older driver after having installed a new one then you HAVE to delete this folder in order for your game to work again.

Looks like with the new nvidia drivers supporting mobile gpus though our problems will soon be fixed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering if you worked out a fix? I am having the same crash with my GeForce Go 6600 when trying to run Battlefield 2.

Tried various driver versions from 77.30 up and tweaks to the video.con file as in this thread.

The solution that works for everybody hasn't been found yet, but you can try deleting the BF2 folders from your 'My documents' as sugested above, or you can try out my solution.

• 1 month later...