LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Geforce 6800 Go and BF2 Mysteries

Guest TA_Superman

Guest TA_Superman

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 512MB Ram with a Nvidia Geforce 6800 Go 256MB card.

Alright here's the deal: when i go into powermizer and i set it to maximum perfomance start up a game of bf2 i get 100FPS current/ 10 Average, plus i get some stutter within the game. If i set it to balanced i get 40-50FPS current / 15-20 FPS average with little stutter. If i set it to maximum savings I get 30FPS current / 35 FPS. I would like to know if anyone has a similar problem. Shouldn't I be getting the best results from the best perfomance setting and not the other way around?

Driver is 77.62 with pieter's modified inf the card is overclocked to 250 mhz core / 751 mhz memory speed. Any tweaks/suggestions to achieve better perfomance in Battlefield 2 (seems to be the only game with this problem, Farcry is a walk in the park for this laptop) would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aaron

You need more memory, thats what the stuttering is from. 512 is the minimum requirement for the game, you cant run it at full settings and expect smoth play.

• 2 months later...

lol........i got a 6800 ultra w/ my area51m and it kicks arse!(bf2 max settings...avg fps is 30-60 o_O not sure, depends on the server, players, things in the air) I suggest the 7.1.9.1 drivers from the nvidia site for the laptop drivers. owns man !