LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Strange Performance

Guest Bitterkaz

Guest Bitterkaz

Hi,

I got a Acer Aspire 1520 with 512 ram and a nivida go fx5700. I intalled the 71.59 drivers which have been running fine. With world of warcraft, i experienced some bad performance and was scratching my head quite some time about what to do to raise the speed to 20fps. I flickered off glow effects and my laptop kicked at 50fps... amazing... but now i have a strange problem.

After some gameplay the action stops and the screen colors all 'melt' into greens and yellows, clearly there has been a crash. After a while i get a loud tone from the computer... and i reset. I thought it was heat related... or that the card might be clocking itself (though i never selected any such option) but checked and the card is not overclocking and the temperature raises at around 110 degrees max, but while running in windowed mode, i experienced temps of 102 degrees and still crashed. Now when i turn on the game, even if i switcdh glow effects back on, the performance is substancially better, but the game seems to crash. Its an odd effect, as if the screen melted.

Its a strange porblem, i know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You, Bitterkaz

• 4 weeks later...

I get exactly the same problems, and it's extremely frustrating. It also happens with other games like BF2 and Star Wars Galaxies.

I am really anvious to get a fix for this issue... an anyone help?

D

I installed the 77.76 drivers with the inf file from the drivers main page. I still got the green melt issue after about 30 mins of gameplay. Only option is to reset the laptop.

Any other ideas what the problem maybe? I am going to try and give the fans a blast of compressed air later to see if cooling may be the issue.

Dan