LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overall Fastest Driver for 6600 Go

terror_adagio

What is the fastest overall driver for my GeForce 6600 Go 128MB? Thanks! :)

Currently have 77.77 installed.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the fastest overall driver for my GeForce 6600 Go 128MB? Thanks! :)

Currently have 77.77 installed.

i bookmarked this post AGES ago, and its had 70 views but no replys.....

anyway, i would love to have an answer to this question alos, but maybe no one is answering cause no one know.....

so, can all you guys with 6600 go GPU's out there post your system specs and what drivers you are currently... Thankx =) ill start...

Driver: 77.62

Asus z71v:

Pentium-M 2.0Ghz 533mhz FSB

2 Gig Ram (corsair)

80 gig HDD (5400)

Windows XP Pro sp2

There's no fastest overall driver for especially Go6600.

There's also no best driver. And no fastest driver. And no rockstable driver. And no best Image Quality driver. And no best OC driver. And no best TV-Out driver. And no best this&that Game driver.

It all depends on your needs, wishes, priority, laptop and NVIDIA GPU.

To summarize: there's no perfect NV driver. They all have pros and cons. Why? That's another story.

:)

• 1 month later...

hey guest just go through all the drivers and read the other pots like the rest of us and quit being a dumbass

• 1 month later...

If your happy I guess we did our job, anyway you really shouldn't diss us like that, or use that sort of heated languange on this forum. (might upset somebody, personally doesn't bother me)

It would be bad for you if you got an IP ban, and so far I don't think we have had to do that yet.

Us mods can probably hit the ban stick on your head pretty hard if we have to.

I use 81.89 on Toshiba Qosmio F25-AV205 and I score 1900 on 3DMark05 and I play BattleField 2 at medium settings, 1024 @ 60Hz, around 40 FPS. I scored slightly higher with 77.62 but oh well...

• 1 month later...

I use 78.82 driver and have been happy for a long time. Is it true that all the 80.xx drivers are BETA and sucks because they have a lot of bugs?

I have a very unstable FPS in Source based games though (HL2, Counter-Strike: Source, etc..). It varies between 10 and 200 depending on where I look in the game. If I look straight down I get a lot of FPS, but if I look at an object far far away I get around 10 FPS or some. It doesn't lag though, but I wish Source engine had some FPS stabilizer or FPS limiter feature. At least Grand Theft Auto III (and Vice City and San Andreas) had this Limit FPS in-game option.

Maybe a new driver will fix it. I always play games with exteral power (AC adapter) so I can assure that the GPU gets enough power. Running on batteries alone is just plain stupid, a laptop is no PSP you now.

The 80 series are full release, not just beta.

I find them just fine.

As to your situation with source above, of course that is going to happen, it needs to work harder to render things further away/larger scenes.