LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7800 GTX on Sep 29th

mobilenvidia

Painkiller found this @ vr-zone

GeForce Go 7800 GTX on Sep 29th

NVIDIA is going to launch their mobile G70 to be officially known as GeForce Go 7800 GTX on Sept 29th and it will be available immediately on the day of launch. 7800 GTX Go is packed with 302M transistors and is clocked at 400MHz core / 550MHz memory. It will deliver twice the shader power, 1.6x more geometry than the GeForce Go 6800 Ultra launched a year back. It will have the same TDP as the Go 6800 Ultra and is pin compatible and comes with PowerMizer 6.0 technology. 7800 GTX Go scored 6642 and 14704 in 3DMark05 and 3DMark03 respectively compared to 7697 and 3425 on the 6800 Ultra Go. 

Guest individual component?

you think there is anyway to individually buy the gtx7800 go, because i also have a 6800 ultra on my area 51-m. although the 6800 ultra is nice, the 7800 gtx sounds so much better, especially since its only been about 6weeks since i bought my laptop :-(

You will need rev 5 Motherboard.

For you it will be costly send the laptop back to AW to get new MB.

I also hear that AW might not even offer the go7800, this could be a costly mistake.

Lets hope they change their minds or it is a false rumour.

You could get another MB (v5) from say Sager or Clevo fit this, then get a go7800 to fit it.