LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hotlink protection has been turned on.

mobilenvidia

I have today turned on Hotlink protection on the Download server.

This will mean if another site direct links to a driver they will be spat out to the frontpage instead.

They can still download the driver by clicking on the sortable list on the frontpage or come here.

I turned this on, to stop sites linking here with no input from us.

We host the drivers at our own expense and for sites to just link without any recognition for us is not fair.

This should delay the need to start paying for the Bandwith used, we're at around 130GB of downloads now and growing fast.

It wasn't a big problem but it was getting to the stage 10% of files were leeched, up from about 1% only a few months ago.

We want everyone to have access to the files, but they can come here to do so, and checkout what's happening.

It takes quite a while to get the files ready to what you see and download on the server.

The INFs don't appear on the server all by them selves.

We enjoy having one of the most complete nVidia video driver sets anywhere on the web.

The site is Fast and Accelerator friendly and one of the very few places where you can post with out joining first.

Sorry for those that are affected, I do it in the interest of the masses so we can continue to provide what we do best.

Enjoy and apologies for the interuption :)

Hasn't this been turned on for a while, or has it been off since the front page was taken down?

It's hasn't been working properly on the Download server.

In cPanel the command to enable it works backwards :)

Took me a while to get it sorted when it works backwards to what it says.

I only placed it here so folk that are redirected to the frontpage know why (if they read this)