LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Not sure about drivers...

Guest Senetoro

Guest Senetoro

I have looked around and read a few dozen topics and still I never found the answer to my question. It is very simple and this is my first day ever playing with my driver so please excuse the super Newbie question.

I have a FX go5700 and I am not sure about the driver. I know how to instal a new driver but I am not sure about which. So DO i instal the latest or do I keep the one i have 6.14.0010.5405 please help.

Thanks

If you install over the old driver, it's always possible to go back if something doesn't work using the Rollback option for drivers. I do have a copy of the original driver from my laptop vendor's support site if everything goes haywire.

System Restore can also be used to get the old driver back. Your 54.05 must give problems with some new games, as it's nearly two years old. I use 81.40 at the moment happily and will continue testing new drivers.

Try 81.84 it seems to be a very good driver for most.

You can always go back to what you had, either by rolling back or reinstalling old driver.

Welcome, I started like this as well :)