LaptopVideo2Go Forums

dell 5150 3.2 HT w/ 1.25gb go5200 32mb

Guest bumski667

Guest bumski667

i just installed a new 3.2 ghz HT cpu (sl77r), and did a clean install of xp. Now everytime i play cs, after every minute or so...the system seems to slow down? then it picks back up and everything is fast again? is there something i need to install to support the HT cpu? i see two processors in device manager and it boots up with the HT logo now? thanks in advance for any help!

While I have not seen this first hand (dont have an HT CPU :) ) I have heard that some programs/games don't properly support Hyper Threading, and in some cases it might actually make some things run slower. (it is for multitasking after all)

You could see if disabling it fixes it, or try changing the priority of the game to high in the task manager.

There might even be a program out there that can change the priority for you automatically.

I assume you've installed XP SP2? If not, you need it, or else you need to install the Intel Chipset driver for the 5150. I'm attaching the latest P4 Hyperthreading driver. Extract it into a folder, then use the Device Manager to upgrade the driver and point to the folder where you've extracted the files.

P4_Hyperthreading_Driver.zip

Go into the Device Manager, right-click on your processor, and choose "Upgrade Driver." When you're prompted, point to the folder containing the new driver and inf and let it install. You should be all set.