LaptopVideo2Go Forums

black & white 2 with a quadro fx go 700

Guest BW2

hi,

i´m normaly don´t use my dell m60 (quadro fx go 700) for gaming, but today i installed BW2 and its not possible to play it...i think i get 1 fps...its too slow :)

have installed several drivers, but no ones will work...

i know the quadro series isn´t the perfect gaming card...but perhaps theres a solution...

thx

That is a 64MB DX9 card right?

While I don't know much about that game, the driver and INF in my sig should run it just fine.

Quadros can run games (old and new) very well. (unless they are really old quadros)

You should see how Doom3 and Half Life 2 run on my card.

Visit the stickied topic in the FAQ section on how to install the driver if you need help, just unzip it and replace the INF in the driver with the moddified one, then install it using the device manager. (I even made a video too)

The 77.77 drivers work great (for the most part, TV is partially broke as usuall), and the were official drivers on nvidia's site not too long ago.

Also, you only need to hit submit once, our new speedy server will almost always get your post request the first time. :)

You should also check for updates for that game, I hear people with newer cards have been having problems with the game no matter what driver they try. Time to go complain to the game programmers it seems, as I think the game does not support some newer cards all that well. :) (topics about this issue are in this section, if not that is what the search button is for)

If a driver or game update fixes the problem please tell us about it.

Edited by Bill

its a NVIDIA QUADRO FX GO 700 128MB RAM:

actually i have the driver version 81.82 installed...gives me 7971 points in

3D Mark 2001 SE...even better than 2894 with driver version 77.77 :)

here some infos about the card from SiSoftware Sandra:

Windowsgerätename : NVIDIA Quadro FX Go700

OEM Gerätename : Nvidia Corp ??? (031C)

OEM Hardware Nr. : FUN_0, VEN_10DE, DEV_031C, REV_A1

Gerätename : Dell Computer Corp ??? (031C)

Produkt Nr. : VEN_1028, DEV_019B

Revision : K / 2 (161)

will look at an patch for BW2...i already have installed patch 1.1

Quadro cards are still good for gaming, they are basically GeForce cards that have a few extra features and some more certification, for CAD work and the like, and some are faster than their GeForce counter-parts.

I have run many games on my quadro, from UT2004 to Doom3 to Half Life 2, they all run really nice on this card.

If you are getting a good 3Dmark score and a game or demo like UT2004 or similar runs fine, then the issue is not with your card or drivers, but with the game itself, which you might not be able to fix.

That game might just have problems with certain cards like yours, even though it is more than fast enough to run the game.

3D-Analyze (click the giant picture to download) might be able to trick your game into thinking you have a different card, or you could use it to turn off pixel shaders or turn them down if the game supports pixel shader 1 or none at all.

Edited by Bill

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem, im using the same card in the same laptop.

i have updated drivers to 81.85 and it has imporved game speed considerably.

but it is still too laggy to play, you mentioned changing pixel shading and was wondering how to do this and if there was anything else i could try, thank you.