LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell M60 + modified Inf + Docking Station = proble

Guest John Locke

Guest John Locke

Hi all, great site, really informative!

i'm having a problem with the modified inf (or any inf other than the one that comes from dell with their drivers actually) where when the laptop is plugged into the docking station and the new drivers are used with the modified inf file, and you go in and choose "dual view" and select your monitors (two externals, one on dvi the other on vga) it will always select the primary external and the laptop screen no matter what combination I choose.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Check out this topic, and also the tweaks that I mention later down in the thread, they should fix your problems.

I can put them in an INF if you want, just specify the driver version.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6614

Tell me what driver you want this for and I'll hook you up, need to know which INF to edit.

Just need the version number of the driver your currently using and I'll figure it out.

Version number was close, it is 81.85.

Here you go, use this instead of the regular moddified INF and you should be good to go.

Edit:

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, DualViewAllow2ndViewAsPrimary, %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, DualViewAllowNonDFPAsPrimary,%REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, DualViewHotKeyPolicy,          %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, DualViewMobile,                %REG_DWORD%, 2
HKR,, DualViewPolicyID,            %REG_DWORD%,    2

[nv_ControlPanelSettings]
HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NvCplDualViewAllowNonDFPAsPrimary, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NvCplDualviewMoveDesktopIcons,%REG_DWORD%, 1

I really want you to check out the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] and [nv_Control PanelSettings] in Pieter's mod INF, all you have to do is copy the 5 tweaks into the first section, and then the last 2 in the 2nd section.

You should learn how to do this yourself so you don't have to ask me everytime to mod the INF for you, or you can bug Pieter to include these settings in all future INFs, but I am not sure if that will happen right now.

81.85_winxp32_w_2nddisp_prim_tweaks.zip

Edited by Bill