LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo 3438G

Hellfire202

Got just a new Amilo 4438 and it seems to have the same bug. Btw, this lappy is perhaps made of leftover el cheapo parts as the GPU defaults to 325 MHz and memory 600 MHz - not to say that after the original install the 3D memory setting was 200 MHz...and the original Fujitsu 72.50 driver was locked :P With newer drivers the max clocks seem to be about 360 and 620 - shabby :) Seems the bios is the same as in 3438 so I hope to have guts to flash.

hi zipper

are you sure for bios mine versus v5.41.02.39.49 before flash now it's v5.41.02.39.60

your v4.36.20.33.09 ? :)

with new drivers 81.94 clocks dont change for me (325/600) and i could put max 351/613

good luck

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kemaluyanik

• zipper

• Gordianus

• Hellfire202

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your v4.36.20.33.09 ? :)

That's still the old Acer, haven't updated my info yet. So, seems to be:

(was: VideoBiosVersion: Version 5.41.02.39.49)

Flashed successfully, now 5.41.02.39.60

That's still the old Acer, haven't updated my info yet. So, seems to be:

(was: VideoBiosVersion: Version 5.41.02.39.49)

Flashed successfully, now 5.41.02.39.60

nice new drivers is now for you :)

how in gods earth did you overclock to 412/773? What driver are you using? The max i could get it to was 380/680. Please tell me all :-) cheers. Its hellfire 202 here. Couldnt be assed logging in.

Guest Help with Cobra's instructio

Hi, I tried to do cobras way to install new drivers for the 6800 go but I guess I did it wrong because my clock speed on 3dmark03 was 8829 before and 1880 afterwards - Obviously not the result i was looking for. Please could someone explain step by step how to do it (really detailed please so I don't have to ask twice!). Thanks alot.

Gooseman

ok here goes. Download the files he says. Put the contents of the nvflash file in you documents and settings\"user name". Then go to start, then run then type cmd. when that comes up type nvflash 3960.rom, type y and wait for it to flash. Then reboot the computer. After that you can install the drivers using the modded inf file. If you want a different video bios from city cobras one then check the other topic in this forum Amilo 3438G video bios. The ones given there are slightly to majorly overclocked from standard.

Edited by Hellfire202

Ive done all that correctly. I've tried both the modified drivers 81.94 and the official 81.95 ones. Both give OK performance i.e. average frame rates (better than pre bios update etc) but it is still not as good as the old, original FSC nvidia drivers.

3d mark 03 scores:

before any fiddling at all (with old FSC nvidia drivers etc): 8829

after bios update as guided with 81.94 drivers supplied by Cobra: 4650

" " " with 81.95 drivers supplied by NVIDIA: 4741

What's the problem?

How do I get it back to 8829 or higher?

Many Thanks

Gooseman

Right. Download the 81.95 drivers.

Download the attched file i have posted here.

Dump the attached file contents into the documents and settings/"user name" folder again.

Go to run and type cmd.

Then type nvflash 6800go.rom, then hit y. wait till finish then reboot computer.

Go to Driver Cleaner Pro. Download driver cleaner pro and install.

Uninstall current driver and reboot.

After reboot to not reinstall drivers.

Start driver cleaner pro and run the nvidia cleaning utility. After that is finished install the latest drivers with modded inf supplied in the posted file.

After this all should be good. Any more problems i will try and help.

Amilo_Bios.zip

Guest Results

OK after much testing, problems etc (thanks for help from others). I have finally got some good results. Thanks for help hellfire but your method (or my misfollowing) actually caused the drivers etc to go wrong - e.g. 3d mark's troll's lair the ladies eyes and white light was missing then it crashed. I have found that I get the best results with these settings:

BIOS given by Cobra, official 81.95 NVidia drivers, FSC 81.95 .inf file, and Nvidia setting as application controlled and performance/quality setting as "Quality." With this I got 8940 3Dmark03 points. (i.e. using newest NVIDIA drivers (which is good!) and beating my old 3Dmark03 score of 8829 which was obtained with FSC's drivers it provides on its support page). So these settings are best for an AMILO M 3438g

I also found that with the nvidia settings at "high quality" the score dropped a fair bit, but there was little difference between high perf, perf and quality - i.e. USE "Quality"!

Laptopvideo2go's newest drivers got me a 3dmark03 score of 8843 using their .infs etc. And the drivers are older. So I would suggest using theirs.

Cobra said you could get up to 9000 points, I guess this was a rounded number. Anyone know of any other .inf files we haven't heard of on here that might push my performance up that little bit higher? At the moment FSC's ones provided on that German site are the best.

A coupla of other questions: Does doing this stuff affect my FSC warranty? If so should I revert back to official settings if it does ever break and I have to send it back?

How much do you reckon adding extra FSC RAM to my Amilo will up my performance. I've currently got 1GB - would anyone suggest an extra 512 mb or 1GB?

The whole aim of this is to get my machine gaming better, namely in BF2!

Thanks for any previous and future help! And I hope this will help others!

Gooseman

• 3 weeks later...

Amilo m3438g

I cant detect Core neme, its NV41m or NV42 ... Everest and RivaTuner detect deifferent model.

Stable overclock to 340/730! t~84C max. Overclocking from RivaTuner (later upgrade bios with new clocks)

DDR1 memory cannot work with clock 730

Its more like DDR2

I have no time to test stability on higer clocks... may be later....

Bios & Driver upgrade do not changes overclock ability.

Found some bug: system do not enter to "2D" and "Low3D" freqensis mode...

PowerMizer Use 2D" and "Low3D" clocks settings to slow down system in Maximal and Optimal power saving mode.

It's very bad... system overheat in windows, because clocks always 340/730...

...searchig for fix this problem...may be disable powermizer... but HOW?

Sorry for my English, I'm from Belarus.

On russian forums i found nothing about overclocking my powerlaptop

post-0-1135301902_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I need help Please someone can help me i bougth fujitsu siemens M3438g but i can update my silly Nvidia driver i can just download Version: 7.9.3.0 from fujutsu siemens web page but when i try to install newest drivers from this page i cant it says you can do it and so on... i really need help as a new man..... Please someone give me a solition.

OK after much testing, problems etc (thanks for help from others). I have finally got some good results. Thanks for help hellfire but your method (or my misfollowing) actually caused the drivers etc to go wrong - e.g. 3d mark's troll's lair the ladies eyes and white light was missing then it crashed. I have found that I get the best results with these settings:

BIOS given by Cobra, official 81.95 NVidia drivers, FSC 81.95 .inf file, and Nvidia setting as application controlled and performance/quality setting as "Quality." With this I got 8940 3Dmark03 points. (i.e. using newest NVIDIA drivers (which is good!) and beating my old 3Dmark03 score of 8829 which was obtained with FSC's drivers it provides on its support page). So these settings are best for an AMILO M 3438g

I also found that with the nvidia settings at "high quality" the score dropped a fair bit, but there was little difference between high perf, perf and quality - i.e. USE "Quality"!

Laptopvideo2go's newest drivers got me a 3dmark03 score of 8843 using their .infs etc. And the drivers are older. So I would suggest using theirs.

Cobra said you could get up to 9000 points, I guess this was a rounded number. Anyone know of any other .inf files we haven't heard of on here that might push my performance up that little bit higher? At the moment FSC's ones provided on that German site are the best.

A coupla of other questions: Does doing this stuff affect my FSC warranty? If so should I revert back to official settings if it does ever break and I have to send it back?

How much do you reckon adding extra FSC RAM to my Amilo will up my performance. I've currently got 1GB - would anyone suggest an extra 512 mb or 1GB?

The whole aim of this is to get my machine gaming better, namely in BF2!

Thanks for any previous and future help! And I hope this will help others!

Gooseman

Guys i just want to know how do you install new drivers and why i cant i stuck with Version: 7.9.3.0 from siemens web page i can go ahead i am so upset please some one lets me know pls

Hi there, new member but ive used the site for ages. I know this is an issue for others using the Amilo 3438G, but as soon as i go past 81.33 driver for the 6800go card the performance drops by around 75%. This also occurs for the 79.30 driver given on the Fujitsu site. I hope i and others can find out why this happens as its a royal pain in the butt. lol.

I hope your keyboard only has one enter button kemaluyanik, or do British keyboards come standard with rapid fire enter buttons? :)

I don't recall ever seeing a UK keyboard so I wouldn't know.

Either way your post had so many blank lines it was scary!

Turn that turbo mode off before you start posting next time.

About the posts, I counted this post plus a new topic, this post is in a topic about your specific laptop, and has more substance to it so I'll answer this one and delete the other one.

Now on to helping you:

What drivers have you tried and did you replace the INF in the driver with Pieter's INF?

And do the drivers install with problems or do they simply not work at all?

Please go read this topic and this topic if you haven't done so already.

I would recomend the 81.98 driver with Pieter's regular mod INF for you, we should be able to figure out how to get it working.

Dear Bill

Thank you for you answer bill. As you know i am new user and i have never been in this forums before so sorry for most mistakes i did.

Any way i tried to install most new dirivers and 8194 too. Also dirivers gave (the nvidia setup program could not locate any dirivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will exit) error when i tried to setup them. i didnt have any idea how to install this drivers but what i can see you topics will help me. If could you help me to install or find this driver and INF doc. you just saied i will be happy actually What is INF i dont really know but any way.Hope to hear from you.

Kemal Uyanik

Go read this thread again.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8422

The blue links up top explain what an INF is and the prefered setup procedure.

If you still have questions please feel free to ask them in this thread.

Replace the INF in the driver with Pieter's mod INF and use the have disk method to install.

Thanks for your help

I just wanted to tell you i am nearly there but i am not just sure how to replace the INF doc. I unziped driver and there is not such a file finised with INF surname (such as somethg.INF) but i found a txt doc which name is modes and there is somethg simller with INF you just sent me i replace that with it. It seems work i just install new driver but i am not sure if i could replace the INF doc.

kemal uyanik

Replace the INF in the driver with Pieter's mod INF and use the have disk method to install.

I Installed the new driver and it`s seem working but i am wondering if it is normal because i run 3dmark05 and resold is 1001 on 1024x768 so i am not sure if it is oki.

My sysytem is

Amilo 3438g

2x60gb SATA HDD

1gb ddr2Ram

Intel® Pentium® M processor 2.00GHz and

256mb NVIDIA GeForce 6800 with Driver 8.1.9.8.

Could you tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thank you for your Kind help

kemal uyanik

post-2483-1137426014_thumb.jpg

I am not much of an expert on benchmarks, my card can't even run that one as far as I am aware.

If games run good then you shouldn't worry about a low benchmark score.

Also, in the driver the file is nv4_disp.inf in most cases (this one too).

You might have to go to your folder options and uncheck "hide extensions for known file names."

Later when I have time I can give you some tips on improving that score.

I Installed the new driver and it`s seem working but i am wondering if it is normal because i run 3dmark05 and resold is 1001 on 1024x768 so i am not sure if it is oki.

No, it isn't, because a bug in Amilo bios makes all drivers lose 70 - 75 % performance after the

81.28 driver version. You should flash the newest video bios. Read here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....topic=8070&st=0

Guys

After some changings i got 3725 score on 3DMark05. Well i do not know if it is still good but any which ways better than 1005 score i had b4. I did change my driver's nv4_mini (i have 8198 driver) with 81.33 driver's nv4_mini and i updated my bios according to city_cobra`s bug so i dont know which one helped me to improve at this point. but it works :) ....

So if you know sthg more please let me know for example what is all about coreclock and so on ???

Thanks for your kind helps guys....

Regards

Kemal Uyanik

post-2483-1137453871_thumb.jpg

Were you really running dualview while benchmarking?

Try it without dual view on next time and set your sliders to performance in your application profiles in the nvidia control panel, otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head for getting everything going right. :) :)

Were you really running dualview while benchmarking?

Try it without dual view on next time and set your sliders to performance in your application profiles in the nvidia control panel, otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head for getting everything going right. :) :)

Hii Bill

I just recognized that few mins ago i just did another test but resold is same score is 3726 with single display Also i would like to tell you that it seems changing nv4_mini file with old one doesnt work first time everythg was fine but after restart the system i stuck when i wanted to watch movie or any avi file so i had to put lastest nv4_Mini file.

I dont understand some people says in the forum they can score 7000 in 3dmark05 i dont know how i realy like to get close those numbers :P ...

Thanks

kemal uyanik

With a 3438 you can get a little over 4000, that's it. Until someone manages to install a go7800 GTX card.

With a 3438 you can get a little over 4000, that's it. Until someone manages to install a go7800 GTX card.

Could you let me know how i can get little over 4000.

thanks

:)