LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.87 XP 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

I laso have a Clevo D900T -- same as the Sager -- and get the same nvsvc32.exe read memory error. Also, I have an Aver TV Tuner card in my lappy and I can no longer pick the 720 x 480 resolution nor can I set the Destop Background as TV. I know this is a driver issue because when I uninstalled the 81.87 driver, used Driver Cleaner, and then reinstalled the original drivers everything worked fine with no problems on shut down and also no problems with the TV card. Do you have a solution? I can send you a copy of the old inf if you need it in order to add in whatever is missing.

One last thing, I do not have the temperature tab in any nvidia driver I've tried. I have the NV41 in my lappy which I thought had a temperature probe. Any suggestions in getting a temperature read out of my GPU?

Thanks for all of your help!

-- Alex

I did the same as you, uninstalled, driver cleaner, reinstalled driver 77.70 and NO PROBLEMS.

I don't have the TV function, so I can't test that.

I wonder, is there any harm that will come to the computer on continuing to get this error upon Windows shutdown? I'm a bit ignorant about the inner workings of a computer, so I have to ask.

thank you ...

here's hoping a modification to the modified inf file will fix this error.

By the way; how do you like your Clevo 900T? I've had mine since April of '05 and love it; even though the card readers blew out and don't work anymore. Sager wants my laptop for 3 business days to fix ... can't do that ... laptop is business mission critical so went and got a USB multicard reader for $35.

-george-

I laso have a Clevo D900T -- same as the Sager -- and get the same nvsvc32.exe read memory error. Also, I have an Aver TV Tuner card in my lappy and I can no longer pick the 720 x 480 resolution nor can I set the Destop Background as TV. I know this is a driver issue because when I uninstalled the 81.87 driver, used Driver Cleaner, and then reinstalled the original drivers everything worked fine with no problems on shut down and also no problems with the TV card. Do you have a solution? I can send you a copy of the old inf if you need it in order to add in whatever is missing.

One last thing, I do not have the temperature tab in any nvidia driver I've tried. I have the NV41 in my lappy which I thought had a temperature probe. Any suggestions in getting a temperature read out of my GPU?

Thanks for all of your help!

-- Alex

I did the same as you, uninstalled, driver cleaner, reinstalled driver 77.70 and NO PROBLEMS.

I don't have the TV function, so I can't test that.

I wonder, is there any harm that will come to the computer on continuing to get this error upon Windows shutdown? I'm a bit ignorant about the inner workings of a computer, so I have to ask.

thank you ...

here's hoping a modification to the modified inf file will fix this error.

By the way; how do you like your Clevo 900T? I've had mine since April of '05 and love it; even though the card readers blew out and don't work anymore. Sager wants my laptop for 3 business days to fix ... can't do that ... laptop is business mission critical so went and got a USB multicard reader for $35.

-george-

Dear George,

Well I got one of the first Clevo D900Ts on the market as my work was paying for me to get a new computer. I would have waited for the AMD 4800X2 but got the most I could at the time as I HAD to buy then and there. It was fine from December 2004 to June 2005 when it decided it didn't want to turn on again.

I sent it in for repair -- took 2 MONTHS before it got back to me due to errors on the part of the company I ordered from (cyberpowerpc.com in case you are wondering). They forgot to send me back my power supply and then sent me the wrong power supply and forgot to reinstall the optical drive retention screw etc.

They told me that something had fried on the motherboard and had to replace the MOBO. I actually tried getting it upgraded while it was there and they said no way. Apparently xterasys.com is who supplies them this lappy and they were the ones doing the MOBO transplant. The bastards totally effed up my case too. It was pristine when it left me and torn up when it got back to me.

Anyways, to answer your question, yeah I do like it but I am worried that in 6 months it's going to fry again. Maybe it was all of the travel back and forth to Europe and the airport security.

Still it's excellent for work and I also game a lot. Currently playing F.E.A.R. and Quake 4. I have to OC to play F.E.A.R. with all of the settings I want.

Here's hoping it won't die on me again!

-- Alex

Guest ekerazha
On my laptop with GeForce Go 6600, these drivers make nvsvc32.exe crash with a "memory could not be read" error at shutdown.

I have this same issue from today with v81.85.

:)

Guest Captain Tom

Just stop this service with console (enter into "RUN" services.msc and search for Nvidia service, then disable it) - you don't need it.

Thanks,

Captain Tom :)

I have this same issue from today with v81.85.

:)

Guest gfotion
Just stop this service with console (enter into "RUN" services.msc and search for Nvidia service, then disable it) - you don't need it.

Thanks,

Captain Tom :)

Cap'n Tom: Your suggestion worked. No more errors upon powering down. While it doesn't appear that I've lost functionality; what does this service (nvsvc32.exe) do exactly? Surely, it must have SOME purpose!? :)

help plz

when i try to install the driver it says it is not compatable with my system

i have go 6800 ultra

am i doing something wrong?

Did you replace the original INF with the modded one ?

hello i wanted to ask about it not being compatable with my VGA as well

im getting sick of choppy game play and concluded to the old driver

im a total noob to this and want some help and would like to learn.

i have a go 6800 ultra, here is some questions i would like to ask

1. How to install INF mod file into my current system

2. Is the INF a tweek or just a configuration, it helps the card perform better right?

nvm i found out how to change the INF and now installing he driver hope it works and makes me feel like i didnt waste money getting a card this powerful

thanks again

Please read these FAQ topics.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8128

and this one

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33 (install instructions)

Just replace the INF in the driver with the moddified INF for that driver and follow the instructions to install the drivers, as outlined in the FAQ topic. (there is even a Divx video to watch)

The FAQs are there so you guys can read them, and so I don't break my keyboard from overusing it.

Edit: I see you probably figured it out, but read the first post in those 2 topics, explains the INF and installation.

Edit: For your Over Clocking question below, someone else will have to answer that one for you.

Edited by Bill

thanks you very much

also i want to know what is a good overclock setting for my GO 6800 ultra 256mb

• 2 months later...

Cross --

Ok I also have the memory error but on top of that I get another error

When ever I launch any Chat Programs from the web like the one here:

http://forums.probe-enthusiast.com/index.php?

The whole screen just freaks and I have to turn the laptop off and then back on.

I have a Dell Latitude D800 4200Go WSXGA+

So besides disabling the program mentioned about to stop the memory error this did not happen until I updated the driver to the new one.

Any idea's here?

On my card, which is similar to yours, the 82.10 driver with the Dell INF works just fine for me.

If you have a hardware problem replacing your card shouldn't be that difficult.

• 2 months later...

Hey This is Dark Angel again, ummm I found that these drivers and modded infs didn't work well with my Alienware 51m 7700 so I downloaded the beta drivers from the Nvidia site, and modded the inf to work. I didn't tweak the inf at all a vanilla setup straight from alienware, I added compatibility for the go 6800 FX which is what I have its pciE anyways I am not going to tweak it because all the tweaked drivers with this version on my vid card just cause vertical lines. Have fun

nvcv.inf

• 3 months later...

added changelog