LaptopVideo2Go Forums

new drivers

Guest 99grandamse

Guest 99grandamse

so i just dl'd the new drivers (81.85?) for my go5200 and when i checked the clock speeds...there like halved! 100/200 and they won't even go as high as the previous drivers i had (77.77)...is there any reason for this? i'm aiming for performence drivers...and if these are underclocked compared to the 77.77 ones, there won't be any increase in performence right? let me know what everyone thinks

Kyle

i5150

3.2 P4 - HT

1024 mb RAM

Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 64mb

PowerMizer doesn't work on the Inspiron 5150 with drivers newer than 72.14. Instead, the clock speed drops back to power saver mode (100/200) the first chance it gets, and stays there regardless of what you do with A/C power.

To work around it, go to my customized i5150 infs, here, and download NV_80_Disp.inf. It ensures the clock runs at full speed at all times.

Unfortunately, that means it runs at full speed even when you're running on batteries. If that's a problem and you need functional PowerMizer options, use driver 72.14 with the nv4_HV_disp.inf from the same page.

If you don't watch lots of videos and want something faster for games, I highly recommend driver 67.66, with nv4_disp.inf from that same page. It's an excellent driver -- probably the best ever developed for the 5150.