LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Power Management for Win XP for Laptops

mobilenvidia

In this lab you will create a simple application that displays the power source of the computer and battery information. The application then uses this information to adjust its functionality. In Exercise 1 you will write the code to discover information about the current power source. In Exercise 2 you will build a notification event that will be raised when the power source changes. In Exercise 3 you will add a class that adjusts its behavior based on the current power source. Exercise 4 extends the solution further by showing you how to prevent the system from shutting the screen down if the application is using it. All sample code is in C#.

For all the info and download look here

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody, i have a P4 3ghz and i love in the way that it performs(games, video rendering,etc) but when i'm unplugged certainly i would rather less performance and more extra life battery(less than 2 hours) so...anybody knows if exist a cpu power managment in the same way it works for centrinos but for P4 HT. I'll be looking forward for your help.

Normal P4 proccessors have no power management features to make them run in lower clockrates. Don't know if there is a trick or something. But you can make your graphics card work slower if you have a nVidia or Ati card through their control panels.