LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Moniter doesn't turn on

Guest artgoon

Guest artgoon

Just recently I'm noticing display problems on my laptop. Sometimes during start-up, my display won't turn on. The computer seems to be running fine otherwise. It will only work after repeatingly rebooting the system several times.

Specs:

HP Pavilion zd7000

P4 3.2 GHz 512MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700

I tried checking for updated drivers but apparently Nvidia discontinued the Go drivers. I'm a bit unsure what driver to grab off this site if it could fix the problem.

The only recent program I installed was the Half-life 2 game which mentioned that my drivers need updating. Would uninstalling it fix my problem?

Same problem, see my topic! Didn't see yours before I started mine.

Something's not right here!

[edit] what version of the driver do you have? Does a CRT work? S-Video? I finally got mine to turn on again but I don't want to turn it off for fear that it might break again ... I downgraded it to 77.79 (latest MCE drivers) with a CRT plugged in ... I don't know about this, it's all really not good... I hope it's not just coincidence that we have the same problems...

Guest artgoon
Same problem, see my topic! Didn't see yours before I started mine.

Something's not right here!

[edit] what version of the driver do you have? Does a CRT work? S-Video? I finally got mine to turn on again but I don't want to turn it off for fear that it might break again ... I downgraded it to 77.79 (latest MCE drivers) with a CRT plugged in ... I don't know about this, it's all really not good... I hope it's not just coincidence that we have the same problems...

Beats me. I actually found a few other cases of this in this forum and in the zd7000 forum but couldn't find a permanent solution. I'm not even sure if it's a driver issue. I was thinking about hooking up a moniter to this baby to see because it might be hardware. I have the default drivers that came with it...Not sure the version.

I'm a complete intermediate user so if anyone has a solution...

Edited by artgoon