LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo 3438G/4438G Video Bios Files

Hellfire202

Hi all. Im going to make up some bios files for the 6800go card for the 3438G/4438G working from the one that was provided by City Cobra as the performance fix. However i need to know a few things before i begin.

1 - What is the max core clock speed the chip is capable of?

2 - What is the max memory speed the card is capable of?

3 - What is the recommended highest core clock speed?

4 - What is the recommended highest memory speed?

5 - Volunteer(s) to try the bios files.

The bios files that i provide when finished are in no way different from the one that City Cobra got for us as a fix. The only change with them is the core clock speeds and the memory speeds. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Right people. I have made some video bios files for the Amilo 3438G. These change nothing apart from the standard clock speeds. They come in a variety from core clock 380 mem 680, to core clock 420 mem 800. The highest one you start to get some artifacts. I found the one that worked the best for me was core 390/400 mem 720/740.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE WHATSOEVER TO YOUR MACHINE SO DONT EVEN TRY TO BLAME ME.

This zip file comes with a variety of bios files and also nvflash to do it.

Pleaseenjoy and give me your feedback.

No use for me; my brand new 4438 defaults to 325/600 and is barely overclockable to 364/621 where it begins to skip the test. So when I tried the 380/680 you can imagine what I got - just screen lockups. Especially my memory seems to be crap, even with 325 it doesn't go over 630, perhaps 634 is the best it has managed to accept. So I can forget 10000+ in 3DMark03. Sh#t, even my go5700 could clock higher :)

The highest temp in my GPU has been 85 and now it was 83 in 3Dmark05 with 364/621.

Ok well lets make an amendment that it may not work on 4438G. I just based that on the fact that the bios provided by City Cobra worked on it and that was the one i worked from. Im going to make some new ones tonight with lower clocks. But as i said before the bioses should worked perfectly fine on a 3438G. Any requests for clock speeds will be appreciated.

The innards of 4438 should be quite identical to 3438, only bigger HD(:s ) and speedier CPU. Seems they use the same Bios.

Guest tapdance

I'm thinking about giving it a go, but is not sure how I conduct the flash. I cannot use the batch file. Hellfire, can you give some instructions here as I sure don't want to mess up :)

• 5 months later...
Guest mrcreativity

I flashed my 3438g Go 6800 BIOS from version 5.41.02.39.49 to the 5.41.02.39.60.

Although I didnt find any change in the performance, I want to know if anyone has a backup of the original BIOS files.