LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 6200 gaming issues

clock

How you guys doin? This site is excellent! Keep up the good work...Now on to the issue. I have a Sony Viao with a geforce go 6200. Sony has only released drivers up to forceware 70.86 which is a drag. I have tried the 78.22 drivers on your site and they work excellent with cerrtain games (battlefield 2 & call of duty 2 esp.). However, when I boot up Counterstrike Source (CS), it gives me a nice bluescreen and forces me to reboot. I rolled back to the previous driver brought out by acer, and that hasn't helped either. I can run CS under the 70.86 driver, however whenever I bring up a map with High Definition Rendering (HDR), such as de_nuke, it will immeadiately bring up a bluescreen with the same error as before. I have installed the drivers the way you guys recommend, and that obviously isnt the issue. Ne ideas?

Thanx

Edited by clock

Can you turn off HDR? The 6200 isn't the most gutsy GPU ever, it may be having issues with that.

Can you turn off HDR? The 6200 isn't the most gutsy GPU ever, it may be having issues with that.

I understand that...I wish i could turn HDR off, but i cant even get to the Counterstrike loading screen...and plus HDR is sweet :)

Try the 81.95 driver with Pieter's mod INF.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8261

You could probably use 3D analyzer to force pixel shader 1.1 or 2 or something in CS, but a newer driver should fix the bugs.

http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Hit me up on AIM/MSN if you wish to try that, but the driver you are using right now probably just stinks, you should try upgrading first.

Try the 81.95 driver with Pieter's mod INF.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8261

You could probably use 3D analyzer to force pixel shader 1.1 or 2 or something in CS, but a newer driver should fix the bugs.

http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Hit me up on AIM/MSN if you wish to try that, but the driver you are using right now probably just stinks, you should try upgrading first.

Ok I downloaded the the new 81.85 drivers w/ the modified INFs and they work beautiful until i had to restart my laptop. I got a "memory could not be read" exception error cause by nvsc32.exe. :P I tried the new 81.98 drivers with all the modified INFs (performance, quality, etc.), installed through the updated drivers in System Profile. Now whenever i boot it up and i log into windows the screen will go blank and the only thing i can see is the mouse. :) Ive booted into safe mode several times and unistalled and reinstalled said drivers only to have the same thing happen. :) What's next?

• 2 months later...
Guest : MOD :
Ok I downloaded the the new 81.85 drivers w/ the modified INFs and they work beautiful until i had to restart my laptop. I got a "memory could not be read" exception error cause by nvsc32.exe. :P I tried the new 81.98 drivers with all the modified INFs (performance, quality, etc.), installed through the updated drivers in System Profile. Now whenever i boot it up and i log into windows the screen will go blank and the only thing i can see is the mouse. :) Ive booted into safe mode several times and unistalled and reinstalled said drivers only to have the same thing happen. :) What's next?

Hi about Half Life 2 ( Source Eng. Games ), check this Site :

Half Life 2 ( starts ) with -window command, but CSS wont.

Half Life 2 Problems

What u can do ( Support Valve )

Again Half Life 2 look great ! But reboots after some mins. ( SonyVaioFs315s ). CSS cant be played on SonyVaio Notebooks, maybe with some Beta Drivers or Updating all Drivers generally. Need to try this first....

cya

• 2 months later...

I remember a while ago (when I was still interested in the Source-reppetoire) I had major performance issues as well. Nothing like blue screens but it was well annoying. I'm running a GeForce Go 6600 which should be a notch better than yours. The only fix I could find was to get rid of HDR.

I understand that...I wish i could turn HDR off, but i cant even get to the Counterstrike loading screen...and plus HDR is sweet :)

You have to understand that a online FPS is not VERY FRIENDLY with pointless ressource hog eye candy... I'd rather have a dull responsive game steady in the 60 fps... than a jaw dropper that prevents me to recognise teamates that lingers in the 15 fps zone.

BTW I turned most of the eye candy off in order to be able to play in full resolution of 1920x1200 on my laptop... it's worth it... locating a 5 pixels foe on such resolution is priceless. The graphic config of the game is probably in a CFG file. Set HDR to none and aim for the head!!!

• 2 weeks later...
turn most of the eye candy off in order to be able to play in full resolution edit: or with more FPS
My words!! Realized that already in 1999 playing TFC.
Set HDR to none and aim for the head!!!
That hint is priceless.

• 1 month later...
Guest KoiKing

How it be that on CS:S with my old Sony drivers 70.86 I can get the Video Stress Test on CS:S to give an average 53FPS. I switched over to a new HDD 7200RPM exactly the same config, same driver, but performance drops down to 42FPS??? (1028x768: all quality issues turned to lowest)

I am running a Sony VAIO FS with 2.13GHz, 1GB RAM, 7200RPM and currently using 87.25 drivers which suck. Performance with the drivers are dodgy and frequently spike. The Stress Test goes same 43fps.

Where does this extra 10FPS come from????

I have tried 77.76 but that gives a blue screen when I load up CS:S. 80.40 does the same. Even 77.77 dies too.

Any recommendations?

I want to say that Sony tweaked its driver in some way... Try to boost speed in the Geforce panel / Quality settings. 10 fps is what you should get by turning off anisotropic filtering on your graphic card.