LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Screen blanks for 1sec when booting in/login into Windows XP

Guest JLamy

Everytime I log into my Windows XP user account, the screen blanks for 1 or 2 seconds then . I'm using the 81.95 drivers, with the modded inf file installed via the setup.exe onto a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2. Altho the drivers do work, I just wondering what is causing this screen blanking. On my laptop (Samsung NX10) there is a VGA socket as well.

Disable your Overclocking page, that should fix it. :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5786

Thanks very very very Bill, that has fixed it - it was really annoying me even though its a little niggle. Although I don't actually have an overclocking tab or sub page before running the reg entry to disabling OC page, unless I have missed it somewhere. I've got the GeForce4 440 Go 64MB chip. Also, my PowerMizer section doesn't seem to be working - I can see everything apart from the sliding bars - no sliding bars to adjust any setting, but can see the labels for them, plus the battery charge reading. Is this because this chip doesn't support the power saving features?

Powermizer definitely works on that card, I have seen the bars on it with my own eyes.

If you want the bars, I think you'll need to uninstall the drivers and install say the 67.50 or a driver version around the 66 or 67 versions (less than 70s)

Around the 7x.xx series the powermizer bars dissapeared.

The behavior of this normal.

We suspect they might work a bit better, or atleast you can turn it on/off when the new control panel officially hits, but as or right now all of us GeForce/Quadro4 and lower users have no powermizer bars that I know of.