LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newbie question!

benp44

Hi all.

I have been reading posts all over the forum trying to work out if i can sort out some issues i have been having with my graphics card.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 with a 32Mb Geforce2Go card. Maybe this is too old for anything to apply, but i would really like to get the latest nvidia driver i can, as my current one is the last posted on the dell website (i.e. detonator 44...)

Can i install the latest drivers here with a modified inf? Are they valid for my chipset?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

welcome to the forums! :)

you should be able to download all drivers here, they should work on your card. As pieter has the same card as yours and he starded making those modified infs :)

jeroen.

Try the 82.10 driver without the modded INF.

It has a Dell INF in there, should work just fine with no problems. (well powermizer is teh broke)

Thanks guys!!!

This has fixed the problem i was having perfectly (the new drivers support multi-monitors much better). I am so impressed by this website!!! :) :)

The main reason i wanted the multi-monitor support it was so i could play PES5 on my monitor rather than the little laptop screen. I tried the performance INF as pro evo had been runnin a bit slow on my old pc. The new drivers have the additional benefit of speeding up the 3D graphics nicely.

However... the 2d graphics (i.e. the menus & interface) have now slowed down somewhat! Now sure why, but i wondered if anyone else had seen this or has any ideas how to help?

Thanks again!!