LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DVD Playback Issues; GeForce 6800 Ultra w/ 82.12 drivers

Hyde

Hey all.

After trying all the different drivers, the 32bit 82.12 drivers have performed the best in all the benchmark tests I have run.

However, since installing these drivers, DVD playback has suffered in Cyberlink PowerDVD 6. It very noticeably lags and jolts during playback. Sound appears to be fine, it is the video which has the problem. It ran fine on the 81.94 drivers I had installed prior to changing. I am eager to keep these drivers as everything else works fine.

My system is a Dell XPS Gen 2, with 1GB RAM, Pentium M 760 and GeForce Go 6800 Ultra.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hyde.

What VMR/overlay settings are you using with these drivers, have you tried 81.98 and 82.10?

What INF are you using wtih 82.12? (reg, performance, quality)

If you try the 82.10 driver (recomend for your laptop) then I would suggest you use the Dell INF included in the driver.

If you want 81.98, link is in my driver recomend thread link in sig.

What VMR/overlay settings are you using with these drivers, have you tried 81.98 and 82.10?

What INF are you using wtih 82.12? (reg, performance, quality)

If you try the 82.10 driver (recomend for your laptop) then I would suggest you use the Dell INF included in the driver.

If you want 81.98, link is in my driver recomend thread link in sig.

I have tried both 81.98 and 82.10.

82.10 performed significantly lower on benchmark tests, and wouldn't run Everquest. 81.98 seemed to have the same problem as 82.12, with slightly lesser benchmark scores. I am using the standard (modded INF) with 82.12.

I'm sorry I don't know much about video settings, please let me know how to find the VMR/Overlay information you need.

###UPDATE###

Whilst fiddling around with the nVidia laptop display CPL, I found the overlay settings. Disabling VMR seems to have done the trick, runs fine now.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!