LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Fx Go 5700 video resolution

Guest Leonard81

Guest Leonard81

Hi , I am a new forum user and I have a GeForce FX Go5700 on a HP laptop zd7395ea.

My actual version is the oem 54.05 ov hp. I have a problem when I use the lifeview Flydvb duo cardbus to convert an analogical video (VCR or TV) in a digital files. My problem is thath with a resolution higher than 640*480 there is a part of video with an orizontal disturb ( see figure in file attachments).

I use the cardbus on a different laptop ( hp 80XX with Ati radeon 256 MB) and it does not create this problem. I have controlled the driver tools on my laptop and effectively there isn't the update rate of resolution between 640*480 and 800*600 for application. Can you give me a version driver and inf that resolve the question?

:) Thank you!!

post-0-1136645568_thumb.jpg

All I can suggest is to try some more recent drivers and see if they help. Try 67.66 and 72.14 for starters.

I don't think it's a driver problem, though. It looks more like a hardware limitation with your laptop.

All I can suggest is to try some more recent drivers and see if they help. Try 67.66 and 72.14 for starters.

I don't think it's a driver problem, though. It looks more like a hardware limitation with your laptop.

Thank you for your help. I tried 72.14, but my system don't install it for a problem of incompatibility. I used the 67.66 and the installation is ok, but the problem of risolution is no solved.

What is an hardware limitation with my laptop??

Perhaps, does it mean that I can't use the flydvb card or only the high resolution? I try to use only the 640*480 risolution and I hope the result be good.

Thank you! :)

Yes, it sounds like the laptop chip doesn't have the voltage to support 800x600. The symptom is that the frequency drops off a little too quickly, resulting in the jagged edge that you're seeing.

It should support 800x600, so you may have a faulty chip or power supply.