LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics Dual Mode

sn0wl

Synaptics announced it's new touchpad namely Dual Mode a while ago.

Dual_Mode.jpg

It sounds like a replacement to cPad but from what I understood from specifications it is not post-costomizable; no lcd. It just illimunates precustomized buttons when you tap top-right area of the touchpad (ringing any bells? :) ). It uses PS/2 interface instead of an USB like cPad.

It is a pity they replaced the great cPad with something like this. cPad is way better solution IMO cause you can fully customize it!

Anyway still I would like to see those Dual Mode touchpads in action. I wonder which manufacturer will use one.

The new Medion MD97000 has it. Also a Go 7300 TurboCache (shared VideoMemory up to 256MB)

Can you mod a CPad in another laptop? (like mine)

Dualmode or Dualcore :)

• 2 months later...

Toshiba Dual Mode Addendum - http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...0323010_web.pdf

Why Toshiba, why did you move from cPad to Dual Mode? You could do everything and even more with cPad! My wrath will always be on you.

Yes, for sure.. cPad isn't perfect by any means, but it had a huge potential - and cPax shows how useful it can be.

The Dual Mode touchpad looks like it would be SO annoying to anyone who's got used to cPad!