LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 420 Go 32MB Desktop<->Game Resolution problem with Colours/Brightness

SDRAM

Hi, I appreciate the hard work you are doing. I tried some of the forceware drivers (77.70, 83.90, along with the inf file). Everything was fine, no black screen or line at logon; but, when I try to play any game (eg COD2, Half life2) the screen turns very bright and remains like that even after i quit the game. I can get the sceen back to normal by changing the screen resolutions on the advanced features. Is there any driver that doesnt have this issue? Other than this I dont have any issue with playing movies or anything, plz help..thx :)

Edited by ®®®

Go set a color preference in the nvidia control panel, then go to the preformance profile for the game, uncheck the "hide advanced options" and select your color profile you created, should do the trick. :)

Go set a color preference in the nvidia control panel, then go to the preformance profile for the game, uncheck the "hide advanced options" and select your color profile you created, should do the trick. :)

I tried the color profiles but it didn't work. It seems like the brightness issue is not related to the color profile because the screen remains bright even if set brightness/ gamma levels to low. However, I was able to figure out that the brightness issue is caused due to the sceen resolutions. The resolutions are not switching smoothly when I try to play a game. For example, if I want to play hl2 with screen resolution set to 800x600 and game resolution in game options is 640x480, I would get a bright screen. The workaround is I have to go the driver options, set the resolution to 640x480 and then play the game, it works like a charm :P . I tried this with other games and they work too as long as the driver resolution is set equal to the game config resolution, before playing the game. :)