LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to find MXM info

®®®

Yeah I need to have a play... the gpu is _definitely_ modular... and it looks a hell of a lot like an MXMII module to me (this is from service images - i haven't actually pulled mine apart).

I know they have done some funky stuff to the VBIOS, so perhaps that is screwing up anything we do to try and confirm...

Oh and if trying to hunt me down atm... I don't have heaps of spare time just now for reading every post but if you pm me I will get it to my email, and I will do my best to help out where i can.

post-1884-1143155543_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattman

:)

Ok am home from work and more able to play around with the S3... what would you like me to try?

I've already run the debug thingo but only from cmd prompt as i'm unable to waste the time rebooting (into dos) at work.

Ok am home from work and more able to play around with the S3... what would you like me to try?

I've already run the debug thingo but only from cmd prompt as i'm unable to waste the time rebooting (into dos) at work.

Run nv_mxm.exe under native DOS.

I assume I won't have proper DOS on this machine unless I have installed it?

I assume I won't have proper DOS on this machine unless I have installed it?

The command prompt is useless. But you can run DOS from a USB stick. All the links you need are here ->

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Notinthelist.html

under the software route, special tool.

No worries... gotcha..

going through some insane process to have a boot disk... i have no FDD, nor can I find a UFD.... so I have installed a virtual FDD, used a boot disk creator to write to that, then used a toshiba sd boot utility to make a boot sd card from the (virtual) boot floppy ... aggh

Guest Guest

eh... this isn't working.. I have about 5mb on the sd card for anything you guys want me to run... debug doesn't work (wrong dos version)..

anything else you'd like me to try just sing out..

SD-Card booting works for you :woot: You lucky one! Wish i could boot from SDCard or USB Floppy Disk.

Guest Guest

It kind of works...

the boot partition becomes a:\

the data partition (of the sd card) becomes c:\

I can't seem to find my hard drive :S You'll have to excuse the dos noob :)

• 2 months later...

Mattan: Any news?

Teraphy: There seems to be a small error in the code, as v1.0 is displayed as 16. Any chance off correcting that? Should be nibble1.nibble0

And could you add the other two callback functions? I'm running into compatibility problems and I can't figure it out... :)

Finally: is there anyone with acces to nVidia documents? The latest version of the spec is 0.9 and the callback of a bios reports that it supports v1.0...

Yeah, it's right. Sort of. It's in BCD :) that's the problem with the program.

Good thing I've been going over my C code :) Here is a new one. I added support for the sub-functions but I haven't fully implemented them except for testing to see if they are supported. I should get them in soon, I'd love to see some MXM structure info.

MXM Tool Link