LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Painkiller and 60.60 & 72

Solo761

I have problem with Painkiller and 60.60 and 60.72 drivers (I don't have others from 60.xx series). It's extremely choppy, screen flickers and when you turn around it leaves ghost like images. Both 60.60 and 60.72 have this issue. With 56.72 drivers it works normaly. Does anyone else has this issue and are all 6x.xx drivers affected?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zero

Don't have pain killer, but far cry has a lot of problems with the 6x.xx drivers. Water trees and vehicles. Not choppy, just doesn't render right. I like the 56.63 driver, but lots of problems with backlight and stuff for me. It seems like the only fix is to find a driver that works good for each game and keep it somewhere handy and install it whenever you want to play a game, uninstall afterward.

Makes you wonder if mxm video carda will be any better!! I mean what good is a good video card without drivers? Mine is fine. I know this GF4 4200go can handle quite a bit and would better if sombody just made a decent driver for it.

i8500

dvd+rw phlips sdv6004 v1.03

60gb 7200 dual boot winXp home sp1, mandrake linux

GF4 4200go

dell 3200 projector

15.4" UXGA

Intel 54mbit wifi

61.12 work fine with painkiller, when I played Far Cry, I had to set some video options to high or it would render bad, try playing with that.

Edited by dontknow