LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Never heard before problem with hibernation

Guest big_gie

Guest big_gie

Hi,

I have a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP1a. I installed it unattended, and put a section in winnt.sif pointing to coresponding drivers, so v61.11 are installed automaticly before any other version.

When everything is installed, I open my "power settings" panel from the control panel and when slecting the "enable hibernation" checkbox I get an error telling me "the process could not access the file because it is in use by another process".

I check in the ControlPanel\Administrative tools\Computer managment in the event viewer, and under "Systeme" I have an error:

Type:Error

Date: when I pressed the applyed button

Source: ftdisk

Category: None

Event: 45

User: N/A

Computer: my computer name

Does anyone has an idea whats wrong??? I tryed the v61.12 but I get the same thing. Is it related to the video driver?? Before the clean install, I had a v5x.xx version wich was working, and I also tryed the v61.11 and it was working too. So why it wouldnt work on a clean install?

thank you very much.

That sounds interesting. I remember i saw a ftdisk error at some day, but can"t remember what it was. So i researched on ftdisk and your ID 45 error. And guess what, i there is nothing relevant to find or i could tell you. The only thing is that in some configurations there are problems with RAID systems, but in your case on a Laptop....?

The thing is ID 45 is really not to find.

When you have 1 hour of time run chkdsk c: /f /v /r

Which unattented script you use? royalfix?

I would suggest as solution you will have to clean install again without the unattended thing (sucks i know, but that the cleanest thing you can do). After that make an image, install chipset driver, Post SP1 upadates, NV driver etc. etc.) Now have a look again for ID 45 or ftdisk error.

Guest big_gie

I don't use a script for unattended. I use the M$'s technic, wich is to create a file called winnt.sif and put it in the i386 folder. More info can be found on this website.

Maybe this evening I'll try chdisk...

Another clean install? :) That was the plan for the unattended :)

Maybe I'll revert back to the v5x.xx series on the cd and perfom a manual update after...

thanx donknow!

Iknow the msfn unattended site. nice and informative like we are. that's why i asked if you use royalbox script :)

Are you rolling out images on a big number of laptops? Then the unattended thing is nice.

If you are a private guy and want a clean system, then better use image software like PQ Drive Image 6. This would save you a big amount time, cuz you don't need to install xp from scratch, install software and drivers and configure the whole system all over again the way you like it.

:P :)

Guest big_gie

No I'm just a private guy :)

My CD is for my Dell Dimension 4550 (desktop) with Geforce4 (can't remember the model...) and my Dell Inspiron 8500 (laptop) with the Geforce4 4200 Go.

I've checked the ghost image option too, but I modify too often what I include on the CD so the image isnt a good option for me. Having to create a new image everytime I change something on the CD isnt what I'm looking for.

I don't know why it would work when I:

first install an old version

uninstall it and run driver cleaner witch should remove everything related to nvidia

then installing the 61.1x

But doesnt work when I:

install the driver uattended...

Maybe its in the setup process... But the v5x.xx were working that way...