LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Qosmio G30/Gefore Go 7600

Guest VenomousDesigns

Guest VenomousDesigns

Good evening,

After coming across this website in my search for updates to my Qosmio G30's Gefore Go 7600, I was alittle confused, even after reading the Quickstart Guide (Yes I'm pretty stupid :) ), about which driver to download and install for my GFX card.

After looking at, what seems to be, the latest Driver (v87.43 Vista 32bit | NV) I couldn't for the life of me find the Gefore Go 7600 listed in its 'support cards'. Am I right in thinking there is a particular driver I need for my card, or the latest will work with all?

If someone could just point me in the right direction it would be greatly appricated (Just bought Oblivion and seems to be a little jumpy even in Medium Settings with 1GB Ram, Dual 2ghz Centurino's and a 256mb Gefore Go 7600),

VenomousDesigns

Well that driver is for Windows Vista, are you using it or using XP? If XP, you should use 84.25 which is a release mostly for Oblivion. All cards listed in Quickstart Guide are supported in Modded INF. So just pick the 84.25 if you are on XP and read Installation part of the guide.

If you are on Vista however, I don't have much experience with it. Then some other nice guy will answer you.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah currently running XP with MCE (Will having MCE cause issues?).

The 84.25 doesn't actually state that it supports the Gefore Go 7600, but I will persume it is and begin downloading.

If anyone can shed any light on the above, it would be greatly appricated,

VenomousDesigns

This means ALL nVidia based graphics cards (TNT2 and GeForce) can use ANY of the drivers after using our 'modification'.

This is why we are here.

Thanks again for your reply sn0wl, One last thing and I'll stop bother you guys :) .

When new releases come out in the 80's Release section, for example like, v84.26 32bit | MSI - I am, and should be updating to these or are these specific drivers for certain things?

I currently have the advised v84.25 32bit | Oblivion driver and was wondering if I should be updating wheneva a new 32bit driver is released?

When a driver says ie MSI that means that the driver came from there and is probably optimised for their GPU's.

In this case 84.26 from MSI in it's original form has the MSI control panel and can run on most Desktop cards (as per post)

Now the modded INF allows you to be able to run this on all machines.

Also keep an eye on the description of each INF as this will say what it is meant for.

ie 32bit for normal Windows and Win 2K, 64bit for 64bit XP and Server 2k3 XP, Vista 32 or 64bit and Win9x

The 85s series drivers are for Vista Alpha/beta testing only, I assume nVidia will start again with the 90's probably once their DX10 GPU's are out or being developed.